Recommendations for best 2N5952 Jfet substitute?

cooder

What are you guys recommendations for substituting 2n5952 jfet with? I don't mind going smd, so would a mbf5457 or mbfj201 be a good replacement? Cheers!

In a few BJF pedals Bjorn seems to use 2N5952 and 2N5457 almost interchangeably. I have to say I haven't noticed much if any difference between them in the pedals I've used each in. It's possibe that the places they were used weren't super critical I guess.

In a few BJF pedals Bjorn seems to use 2N5952 and 2N5457 almost interchangeably. I have to say I haven't noticed much if any difference between them in the pedals I've used each in. It's possibe that the places they were used weren't super critical I guess.
Thanks for the reply, I'm indeed planning to do a BJFE Baby Blue. Will go with mmbf5457s I think

I've built a couple of Baby Blue ODs and used through-hole 2N5952s - I got them from Mouser and bought a bunch at the same time. I like the Baby Blue - it works really well with a Gibson. Not so well with my Strat but that's ok! Not many ODs work with my Strat... It's a kinda fuzzy OD with plenty of mids and is a lot of fun to play.

Back