Retired Units battery operated pedal power supply

PunchySunshine

I needed a pedal power supply for my friend that is just too cheap to buy one or nine volt batteries....so the pedals just sit there. :*(
On the suggestion of @RetiredUnit1 I used the MP1584EN DC-DC Buck Converter and an old 3s 18650 pack I had laying around as a backup for my F8 field recorder. Voila! Clean pedal power as promised! Thanks for idea bud! I know you said 4s lithium pack but I had this one made and it works good for 9v.
I used a plastic box for a 1-3 daisy chain. The battery just plugs in and it works. Crazy! Wish I had this back in the 90s! :p
IMG_1085.jpg IMG_1118.jpg

NICE! Never thought of using 18650 batteries for a stand alone, rechargeable PS unit. Have you yet determined the time between charges?

I've done a good bit of work with those MP1584EN DC-DC Buck Converter modules. They work a treat! I've even used two of them, powered by a +9V 500mA wall-wart to provide a nice clean ±6v dual-rail supply for our Rockman X100 rehouse projects. Even produced a PCB for mounting both MP1584EN DC-DC Buck Converter modules.

BuckConverters_Dual-Rail-Wiring_MP1584_Notes.jpg V2_BC_Modules_00.jpg

NICE! Never thought of using 18650 batteries for a stand alone, rechargeable PS unit. Have you yet determined the time between charges?

I've done a good bit of work with those MP1584EN DC-DC Buck Converter modules. They work a treat! I've even used two of them, powered by a +9V 500mA wall-wart to provide a nice clean ±6v dual-rail supply for our Rockman X100 rehouse projects. Even produced a PCB for mounting both MP1584EN DC-DC Buck Converter modules.

View attachment 53608 View attachment 53609
It's a 3s 4p pack of used 18650 cells so I don't expect full punch, but I've ran my zoom f8 recorder w/phantom power for a 12 hour shift.

Back