Shamwah

Phil hodson

So I made this one for a friend. He is the singer/guitarist in a band and his son also plays and is a huge Slipknot fan apparently.
When he found out I mucked around with pedals he asked if I could make one for his son.
He loves wah/modulation and any weird noice machines.
I hadn’t made a wah so thought why not. I scored a used shell from market place for $25CAD which wasn’t working. Fine with me!
A bit of repainting and trying to think of what a teenage metal head would like and I had finished the enclosure.
The build as always from @Robert went smoothly.
As per advice from @Guardians of the analog i used an area51 inductor and also wah pot too.
I mounted the trimmer externally to have some fun with and hey presto it worked and sounds absolutely fantastic.
Thanks to Spencer @amplifyfun for the name plate.
I’m now keeping an eye out for another broken wah to make one for myself.

Attachments

• 71320808948__8C8874F0-E651-42F4-9426-F5A418D85060.jpeg
    71320808948__8C8874F0-E651-42F4-9426-F5A418D85060.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3394.jpeg
    IMG_3394.jpeg
    604.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3395.jpeg
    IMG_3395.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3092.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    687.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    520.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3096.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 29
That looks awesome.

I haven't made a build report yet, but I just converted my 595Q crybaby over to the Shamwow pcb. I reused the 2pdt switch, trash can inductor, and pot from the crybaby. Looking at yours I think I might have wired my pot backwards. I tested the dunlop pot and it is a c100k pot.

Great build Phil. Maybe the kid will grow out of the slipknot phase 😅
Heres hoping!
Its funny as I was at a concert the other week and the first support band came on and a couple of them were wearing masks and sounded very similar to Slipknot. What a ripoff I thought.
Then I found out that the singer and bass player were the sons of two of the Slipknot guys! Guess the apple did not fall far from the tree as they say!
Anyway I let them get away with it after that end just enjoyed the show.

Never played with one! Your incredible build makes me want to go down this rabbit hole!!

Fantastic build man!
Haha welcome to the rabbit hole Steve. Might as well dive on in! you know you want too....
Once I got the old wah shell it was, as usual with PedalPCB's very easy.
I know @MichaelW had an issue with his Smallbear pot and @Guardians of the analog sold me on the area51 stuff. To be honest Dan Albrecht who runs it was super helpful too!
I have a fulltone clyde delux on my board at the moment and was so happy to how this turned out im thinking of building one for me and swapping it out therfore making my board 100% home made!!

Haha welcome to the rabbit hole Steve. Might as well dive on in! you know you want too....
Once I got the old wah shell it was, as usual with PedalPCB's very easy.
I know @MichaelW had an issue with his Smallbear pot and @Guardians of the analog sold me on the area51 stuff. To be honest Dan Albrecht who runs it was super helpful too!
I have a fulltone clyde delux on my board at the moment and was so happy to how this turned out im thinking of building one for me and swapping it out therfore making my board 100% home made!!
Well looks like I’m all set! I’m sold 🤣

@Guardians of the analog Where can I find the Area 51 inductor?

Good score on the wah-shell, and what a great job you did transforming it!

Speaking of jobs — are you still working away from home for extended periods?

On second thought, don't answer that! 😸

Good score on the wah-shell, and what a great job you did transforming it!

Speaking of jobs — are you still working away from home for extended periods?

On second thought, don't answer that! 😸
Thanks Neil

Am keeping my eye open for some more broken ones. They come up from time to time. Im sure it was only the switch that was broken in this one but the guy couldnt be bothered fixing it so in his eyes it was un-usable and just wanted to get rid of it!

I am still working away. I have been in Norway all year and looks like I will for for the next few as well! So we do a rotation of 3 weeks away and 3 weeks home here. Which doesnt leave me much time. But I do what I can!

Almost completed a nice big project which I hope to air on here soon. Just waiting on the final parts ;-) (As always!)

Back