SOLVED! Double Pendulum issues

Onkelmike

So I’m having a very unusual issue with the double pendulum. When engaged it works perfectly as it should, however when in bypass the on/off indicator will light and pulse with the speed indicator. Goes away if right side volume is turned down and gets brighter when right side volume is turned up. I did sub a 2n7000 for the BS170 and it is in correct pin out order. Any thoughts?

I've seen something similar to this with other pedals if there is a solder bridge on your footswitch. I could be off but having pictures would help.

Thanks, I suspected the footswitch was possibly bad, especially since it’s a 4pdt. I’m pulling it apart today and will update with any findings. I’m curious what the transistor is doing in this circuit, there isn’t a transistor in the Pendulum only the double and it seems to only affect the right side. I really need a schematic.

Solved! Please be very careful when choosing your MOSFET for the millennium bypass on this circuit. Went through 3 batches of BS170 before finding ones that work. 1.8v Gate threshold will NOT work, but the Fairchilds I just found with 2.4v gate threshold do indeed work.

Back