Squidward build

PunkAsFunk

Build Rating
3.00 star(s)
This is the Squidward build. A simple no potentiometer or switch pedal. Not a pedal I use too much. It would probably sound great paired with a fuzz.

In my opinion this pedal is just ok. Maybe octave pedals just aren't my thing. Glad I build it and tried it out. Who knows maybe I'll find a great use in the future for it.
PXL_20230129_024329648.jpg

On its own, it's not usually too exciting, but driving it into a dirt pedal, is an awesome change of timbre. My favorite pairings are with Rats and Muffs.
I'll have to try it again with one of my other dirt pedals. I tried it with the Joyo Uzi, which I think is a rat clone and it didn't really do much for me. It is kind of cool for notes/solos 12th fret and higher. But I don't like that's enough to warrant the limited space on my pedal board. But I'll definitely experiment with it!

Try it with an aggressive fuzz. The 12th-fret-and-higher thing is just the nature of the beast - neck pickup, tone rolled down, above 12th fret = classic octave tones!

The one I built was almost useless on it's own. It almost had a dying ring modulator sound to it. Maybe on mine the Q1 transistor didn't have enough gain. I liked it a lot better after a dirt pedal. It sounded awesome being pushed by my Ram's Head muff. I didn't care for it before fuzz much. There is a mod to add a cap and potentiometer onto the Q1 emitter leg to get more gain out of the circuit itself, but I never got around to messing with it.

Back