4 Tap DC Converter/Isolator

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Perhaps this isn't the most exciting build for some but I've really been looking forward to it. Similar to letting my diy habit take over the topside of my pedalboard, it now begins to take over the underside power supply as well. Being able to easily upgrade my gigrig power supply without giving Dan all my money brings me great joy.

I chose to use the 250mA converters for all 4. They're quite a bit more expensive and I don't currently use that many high draw pedals but who knows what the future will bring. I also kept the aesthetic minimal as it will rarely be seen. Just a few coats of rattle can black gloss.

Screenshot_20240326_235350_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240326_235411_Gallery.jpg

Do you have the part number on the converters you used?

Wait, I think I used the wrong ones.... I had only plugged a pedal in to test that it worked. I was looking at the specs after I posted that link and it said 12v output. Mine are definitely reading around 13v with my dmm.

@Robert I'm pretty sure these are the converters you suggested in the development thread. Is there a better choice for 9v high draw?

Let this be a lesson to you all. I just blindly ordered what others were using without considering that they might be going with higher voltage taps. Plopped them in my cart and moved on.... don't be me, don't underthink $24 worth of converters.

Not sure if I'm going to do anything about it. Might just start over. Might live with it.

Let this be a lesson to you all. I just blindly ordered what others were using without considering that they might be going with higher voltage taps. Plopped them in my cart and moved on.... don't be me, don't underthink $24 worth of converters.

Not sure if I'm going to do anything about it. Might just start over. Might live with it.
To be honest, I almost blindly ordered those too!

Part of my confusion was that I didn't have a one spot on hand nor my pedalboard so I used a 15v supply to fire it up. Seeing it put out 13v made me question my understanding of what it's supposed to do for a minute.

Rong parts womp womp.
images (19).jpeg

Perhaps this isn't the most exciting build for some but I've really been looking forward to it. Similar to letting my diy habit take over the topside of my pedalboard, it now begins to take over the underside power supply as well. Being able to easily upgrade my gigrig power supply without giving Dan all my money brings me great joy.

I chose to use the 250mA converters for all 4. They're quite a bit more expensive and I don't currently use that many high draw pedals but who knows what the future will bring. I also kept the aesthetic minimal as it will rarely be seen. Just a few coats of rattle can black gloss.

View attachment 71654View attachment 71655
Love this -- wish I had a drill template.

Wait, I think I used the wrong ones.... I had only plugged a pedal in to test that it worked. I was looking at the specs after I posted that link and it said 12v output. Mine are definitely reading around 13v with my dmm.

@Robert I'm pretty sure these are the converters you suggested in the development thread. Is there a better choice for 9v high draw?
I think the 12v where for the usb power.

Have you used these yet? Just wondered how you got on? Is 333mA too much I was wondering? Can you ever have too much :)
Finally found enough other things I needed from mouser to justify another order. All good, big money, no whammies. I got tired of looking at the gloss black paint while I waited. They are all providing 10.5v to 11v according to my mediocre multimeter.

Shoutout to @Robert for offering to send me the good converters. I couldn't have my mistake costing you anything. Wouldn't have felt right. Greatly appreciated though!

20240413_144155.jpg

Back