Stuff

Well, the Drone hasn't been keeping us up to date on the state of your Lawn so if that chore is done,
GET your BUTT into gear & test them FET's !!! :p
That was such an inspiring post I just couldn't let you down. All measured, sowed, and DB'd. The process was not as daunting as it first seemed, being such a tiny DUT. Once you get the feel for handling the little buggers, they aren't so tough. I was able to complete the task, start to finish in less than 2 hours.

Now onto the next "Guess How Many?"! 🤪

I'm more intrigued by the way you're using SMT caps on a board designed for through-hole caps. Are you using some kind of adapter? Or just splodging them on there and running everything through your shiny new PCB oven?
Those are actually through-hole, but you could easily use an SMD. A consideration is, you'd be soldering taller components first, but that's only a slight nuisance.

Far out man! 🥰 I'll play the hell out of it (or into it...depending on whom you ask I suppose).

Oh hey...the mail dude brought me some groovy new stuff from Robert and Brian.

These little guys will go together in the Easy-Bake and 3 will maybe be used in a future giveaway.....assuming they survive the infrared inferno that awaits them. I wonder how that plastic trimmer will fare?...anyhoo...

bipV1iL.jpg

Oh hey...the mail dude brought me some groovy new stuff from Robert and Brian.

These little guys will go together in the Easy-Bake and 3 will maybe be used in a future giveaway.....assuming they survive the infrared inferno that awaits them. I wonder how that plastic trimmer will fare?...anyhoo...

bipV1iL.jpg
You must have the patience of Job to populate those by hand, they should have sent you a stencil

• Haha
Reactions: fig
It's really not bad (but a stencil would be dreamy...perhaps a cricut program?) You just dab along the pads with the syringe...I'll try to do a short video.

You're welcome! I've modded the code to work on a 0.96" display (this one is an SPI but I'm actually using an I2C version)

20220216_200942.jpg
And here's the 'enclosure' I'm building for my Daisy project 20220312_173036.jpg
And where the display will reside in the upper horn:
20220228_195823.jpg

I've got the pots glued to the Snuffy Fuzz and it sounds fuzzy.....in a good way! I've a few other guitars to try but my J-Bass with active pups liked it pretty well, and the PRS keeps up. The enclosure is en-route so I should have something for the Build Reports soon.

More Phun with Fasers!

I put forth the question "Can you mix and match N-Channel FETs in a phaser circuit as long as the Vgs-off values match?"

The dog wasn't buying it though, so I accepted the challenge. Having all of my measured FETs in a DB is real handy for things like this. So I sorted and filtered myself 2 MMB5457s and 2-2N5246s. I'll also try with 4 different FETs, but I'm pretty certain the results will be similar. I tested with a mixed duo vs same PN duo and it was peachy.
It works perfectly. Eat flux puppy! (I hope she didn't hear that) You can still get the same dreamy creamy goodness with a mix-n-match set.

Next challenge: Just how low and or high can you go with Vgs-off values and still make magic?

Stay tuned...
Thanks for reading!

Good News Everyone!

I've come up with the premise for "Guess How Many V?" ⁉️🤯‼️

Once I've managed to satisfy my FETlust, as apparently that's not yet the case...I plan to create [dramatic voice] V I R T U R A L (that doesn't have the kick it did 30 years ago) matched sets spanning ALL qualifying FETs. Guessers will try to determine the number of matched quads from the mix-n-match inventory. Exciting, isn't it? Well frankly, I guess not.

Be that as it may, may it be. Let it Be. Be the ball. Meanwhile, I gotta get on the ball (groceries just got here). ;)

Back