Stuff

I wanted to share this for @swelchy and @pcb rookie who bought or were considering buying the same light I have. I found this at the same site (you know the one). It is the perfect length and is magnetic on the top so these two bits were made for one another. It has a few modes, +/-, power. Definitely a plus on the lighting! $20.

tgybc59.jpg
I could really use some add light!!

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
I wanted to share this for @swelchy and @pcb rookie who bought or were considering buying the same light I have. I found this at the same site (you know the one). It is the perfect length and is magnetic on the top so these two bits were made for one another. It has a few modes, +/-, power. Definitely a plus on the lighting! $20.

tgybc59.jpg
schweeet! must have. thanks fig!

IC storage and ID. It's something we all think about on a daily basis, right? Well, at least since I started organizing all these little bug-looking things I bought for reasons yet unknown.
I had bought a bunch of parts boxes from SBE just before they went dark, because they were on sale and worked well-enough. When they re-emerged from the DSOM and communication was restored they were still as cheap, so I bought some more.

$1.95 gets you a sturdy D"W x11W" X 2"H, 15 dividers, and a removable lid. It's just a basic parts case but offers an alternative to bins and bags. I've seen other really groovy setups that some of you have shared as well.

Fairly simple setup (it goes well with my persona); This one is a BBD / clock / delay box. I haven't yet finished these so the labels are not stuck-ted to the side.

6PBp26P.jpg

One addition since I ran out of labels; I've decided to add QR code stickers to the lid that correspond to the part beneath. This will open the datasheet in a browser window for quick access. Here's a 2N5952 for example;

bT9EOLY.jpg

They work really well up on the top rack of my bench. Grab-n-Go!

EormOG4.jpg

Last edited:
IC storage and ID. It's something we all think about on a daily basis, right? Well, at least since I started organizing all these little bug-looking things I bought for reasons yet unknown.
I had bought a bunch of parts boxes from SBE just before they went dark, because they were on sale and worked well-enough. When they re-emerged from the DSOM and communication was restored they were still as cheap, so I bought some more.

$1.95 gets you a sturdy D"W x11W" X 2"H, 15 dividers, and a removable lid. It's just a basic parts case but offers an alternative to bins and bags. I've seen other really groovy setups that some of you have shared as well.

Fairly simple setup (it goes well with my persona); This one is a BBD / clock / delay box. I haven't yet finished these so the labels are not stuck-ted to the side.

6PBp26P.jpg

One addition since I ran out of labels; I've decided to add QR code stickers to the lid that correspond to the part beneath. This will open the datasheet in a browser window for quick access. Here's a 2N5952 for example;

bT9EOLY.jpg

EormOG4.jpg
All sorts of groovy things on your nice rack: Nanolog bits, Total Recall, Tube pedal and populated? and a drum thinger mebbe (the one with standoffs)?

If you come north of the 49th on vacation, I'll shanghai coerce ask you nicely to help me organise my bench...

A Tearjerker or "Qua-wah" as I call it, on the test bench. Sounding pretty good with a square wave! :ROFLMAO: AI didn't have a 1p4t so I used 1-pole of a 2P4T. I used a bit of no copper perf and #22 bus to fab the board, which fits nicely behind the foot switch with an adhesive standoff.
After testing is finished I'll solder wires in place of those crappy jumpers. For inductors, I used the Four Horsemen of the Awahcalypse;

An EVH CryBaby @ 625mH
Dunlop Red Fasel @ 579mH
Dunlop Yellow Fasel @ 636mH
Sabbadius Soul Halo @ 545mH

KiqJj4I.jpg

e3ufIdg.jpg

cUgJpUn.jpg

A Tearjerker or "Qua-wah" as I call it, on the test bench. Sounding pretty good with a square wave! :ROFLMAO: AI didn't have a 1p4t so I used 1-pole of a 2P4T. I used a bit of no copper perf and #22 bus to fab the board, which fits nicely behind the foot switch with an adhesive standoff.
After testing is finished I'll solder wires in place of those crappy jumpers. For inductors, I used the Four Horsemen of the Awahcalypse;

An EVH CryBaby @ 625mH
Dunlop Red Fasel @ 579mH

KiqJj4I.jpg

e3ufIdg.jpg

cUgJpUn.jpg

Not bad.

6PBp26P.jpg

bT9EOLY.jpg

EormOG4.jpg

MN3007, huh? Is there any far flung component you don’t have Tim? 😁

An EVH CryBaby @ 625mH
Dunlop Red Fasel @ 579mH

KiqJj4I.jpg

e3ufIdg.jpg

cUgJpUn.jpg

My suspicion is you’ll spend most of your time with the Sabbadius. Ask me how I know…😉

6PBp26P.jpg

bT9EOLY.jpg

EormOG4.jpg
You could have stored them in a bucket! It was right there :ROFLMAO:

The QWA is working fine after some fixin-uppin. I had the wires reversed on the inductor pad...no biggie but the pedal functions backwards like that and that I wasn't interested in building a "haw-haw". Mark that one Donnie. (y)

Next up (alongside all the other projects) is this breadboard do-hickey I'm working on. I had a burn-in socket for the V1000, but not the V4220 so I used an adapter board. The baking came out swell...and it fills the lab with the warm smell of freshly soldered cheeps. :LOL:

ay2PSCP.jpg

Here's the schematic for the build from the V1000. This is the econo-model. Perfect for my attention span!

nhruVyB.png

"Haw-haw" and cheeps, important parts of any healthy breadfast diet.

Alas, the sporadic pic gremlin is back, and once again several threads aren't loading pics for me, though others are. I'll be back another day to see if the schematic shows up for me...

Back