SOLVED Stumped with the Face Melter

Fizz

I took my time and had this wired up and looking good but it wouldn't work after I finished. I got sound and then when I clicked on the stomp, no sound and no LED. Took it out and connected power from my Protoboard to the board with everything wired but the DC jack and everything worked fine. Installed it back in the case with a new DC jack and nothing again except true bypass. What could it be?

20231001_121507.jpg

325px-DC_Jack_Pinout.png

Fortunately that was an easy fix. It is working now but very noisy. Is it supposed to be noisy? I like to keep the level up all the way along with the sizzle and boy does it sizzle when idling. Reminds me of what Ozzy used to say about Randy's amps.
20231001_133429.jpg

Fortunately that was an easy fix. It is working now but very noisy. Is it supposed to be noisy? I like to keep the level up all the way along with the sizzle and boy does it sizzle when idling. Reminds me of what Ozzy used to say about Randy's amps.
View attachment 57599
If you keep the level up all the way, yes. It’s a high gain pedal. I imagine the front end of the amp is absolutely bleeding in pai . Sounds cool.

If you keep the level up all the way, yes. It’s a high gain pedal. I imagine the front end of the amp is absolutely bleeding in pai . Sounds cool.
So yours does the same thing? This is by far the hissing-ist pedal I've ever owned. I was thinking I might have damaged a solder joint when I removed it. It's loud with the level down and the gain up a bit. Sounds great though when I am playing it and not hearing the hiss over the toan :cool:

So yours does the same thing? This is by far the hissing-ist pedal I've ever owned. I was thinking I might have damaged a solder joint when I removed it. It's loud with the level down and the gain up a bit. Sounds great though when I am playing it and not hearing the hiss over the toan :cool:
It shouldn’t be quite that bad.

Back