Tayda OCD

jhaneyzz

I love these super compact Tayda PCBs in 1590s.

I was in Kansas City visiting my folks a couple of weeks ago and we went to a crazy little shop in Bonner Springs that makes marbles.

I picked up some clear amber marbles that are smaller than your average marble and am testing out using them as LED jewels.

I settled on using amber as my go to indicator hue a long time ago and this lets me do something a bit more unique.
  1. The art here was generated in MidJourney, the prompt was something like "sun atomic particles black and white etching.
  2. I cleaned the image up in Photoshop to
  3. I laid it out the labels and drill marks in Illustrator
  4. back to Photoshop to output to laser transfer paper, (not 100% essential to do this in Photoshop but it does solve several problems over doing it in Illustrator.
  5. heat transferred to fine sanded enclosure, etched in Ferric Chloride solution for 40 minutes.
  6. After cleaning off all oxidation I polish the high parts of the design with 2000 grit paper then use an enamel paint crayon of sorts into the gritty bits, then carefully buff the enclosure to shine the shiny bits and preserve the gritty bits.
  7. Last step, believe it or not, is to apply bowling alley wax to the enclosure, really makes it snap.

APC_1161-hdr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6503.JPG
    IMG_6503.JPG
    626.8 KB · Views: 80
Boy that really is a tiny board for an OCD circuit. How does it sound? I've got the ADHD winging it's way to me from PPCB HQ with the new breakout board. Looking forward to building out the GE version. I've owned an OCD twice (v2 and v1.4) and neither lasted very long.

Back