DEMO The Big Sky | My first 2-in-1

This post contains an audio or video demo

UtilityBeltFX

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)

Here we have my first 2-in-1 pedal The Big Sky. This is an 808 (LGSM) running into a a Marshall JCM800 (Angry Charles).

This pedal was inspired by the sound and setup of my favorite hardcore band Every Time I Die. One of their songs had a working title of Big Sky which led to an inside joke on their facebook page of people constantly asking what the song Big Sky was?

In the demo, I found their multitracks from appearing on RockBand, so all the guitar your hearing is me with the original drums, bass, and vocals.

The response from the Every Time I Die fan community has been overwhelmingly positive, and I'm up to about 25 people asking me to build them one... So... I need to get to soldering!

PXL_20230415_155022106-01.jpeg

DSCF9044-01~2.jpeg

Last edited:

Here we have my first 2-in-1 pedal The Big Sky. This is an 808 (LGSM) running into a a Marshall JCM800 (Angry Charles).

This pedal was inspired by the sound and setup of my favorite hardcore band Every Time I Die. One of their songs had a working title of Big Sky which led to an inside joke on their facebook page of people constantly asking what the song Big Sky was?

In the demo, I found their multitracks from appearing on RockBand, so all the guitar your hearing is me with the original drums, bass, and vocals.

The response from the Every Time I Die fan community has been overwhelmingly positive, and I'm up to about 25 people asking me to build them one... So... I need to get to soldering!

View attachment 46581

View attachment 46582
Another freaking awesome demo and build! So THAT's why you need 20+ LGSM's hahah

Nice!!! Any other mods to the LGSM other than the LED clipping?
No, I kept it stock. I did socket the LEDs and try some different ones. Green sound great for some bluesier single note stuff, but I think I'll use red LEDs moving forward. They sound slightly louder and work better for this metal geared vibe.

Awesome man. As someone who grew up on that scene and especially ETID I love everything about this.

“When in rome we shall do as the Romans, when In hell we do shots at the bar”

Congratulations on the first 2 in 1. Looks super!

What size enclosure is that? I am working on my first 2 in 1 and planning an order switch. And what was your process for drilling the holes?

Congratulations on the first 2 in 1. Looks super!

What size enclosure is that? I am working on my first 2 in 1 and planning an order switch. And what was your process for drilling the holes?
It's a 1590XX. For drilling the holes, I have to do them by hand with a drill. So I center punch them first, and then drill in increasing sizes working up to my step-bit.

It's a 1590XX. For drilling the holes, I have to do them by hand with a drill. So I center punch them first, and then drill in increasing sizes working up to my step-bit.
Thanks, I should have been more specific. Did you tape 2 drilling templates side by side, then do the center punch? I also have a 1590xx and 2 125B projects.

Back