The Fingers Overdrive Mockup Pedal

The Fingers Overdrive is the result of over 20 painstaking years of development.¹

It took a team of the most respected audio and electrical engineers in the industry¹, several world-class session guitarists¹, the most handsome PCB designer², and a plumber¹ countless hours of research and development.

I'm sure you've heard someone say that tone comes from the fingers, this is the pedal they were referring to.¹

¹ None of these statements are based on actual facts
² Except this one

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously though.... This circuit was more of a proof-of-concept before working on the Wilhelm Scream.

It started life as the Super Stevie circuit then the opamp was replaced with a "discrete opamp" (differential amplifier) circuit similar to what Boss uses in the BD-2.

I also just wanted to name an overdrive "The Fingers" and thought it needed to be something a bit tongue in cheek.

It actually turned out really good though, I'm happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fingers Overdrive is the result of over 20 painstaking years of development.¹

It took a team of the most respected audio and electrical engineers in the industry¹, several world-class session guitarists¹, the most handsome PCB designer², and a plumber¹ countless hours of research and development.

I'm sure you've heard someone say that tone comes from the fingers, this is the pedal they were referring to.¹

¹ None of these statements are based on actual facts
² Except this one
Your wife write this?

Seriously though.... This circuit was more of a proof-of-concept before working on the Wilhelm Scream.

It started life as the Super Stevie circuit then the opamp was replaced with a "discrete opamp" circuit similar to what Boss uses in the BD-2.

I also just wanted to name an overdrive "The Fingers" and thought it needed to be something a bit tongue in cheek.

It actually turned out really good though, I'm happy with it.
So…whats the difference between this and the Wilhelm? Now you got me curious. 🤪

The Wilhelm Scream is based on the stock TS circuit.

The Fingers / Super Stevie is a "boutique" modified TS circuit...

No input/output buffers, different clipping arrangement, Treble/Bass instead of Tone, and some component value differences. The Stevie has less gain than the TS to my ears but is a very nice sounding overdrive nonetheless.

Cool! Put me down for both! :p

I'm always looking for a more refined TS. The Greengage (Plumes) is my current favorite so...hoping the Wilhelm will be of that ilk, if not better.

I'm quite curious about The Fingers. I was quite disappointed with the Six String Stinger that I built. Damn thing is just weird. Figure I need to explore more lower gain options.

Definitely post the parts lists for both when it's convenient...especially The Fingers, which I already put in an order for.

This PCB should come shipped with an eeprom loaded with a sample of the original Wilhelm Scream that can be triggered via an arcade-button or momentary switch.

In addition, a toggle would control whether Wilhelm's scream momentarily cuts out the dry signal or is parallel-blended ...

Back