The Monk Vibe: A Modernized Univibe

I’d be in on a group buy for sure. However I agree with the 1590BB…125B would be super tight.

Well, super tight for me atleast. I’m not on your guys level lol.

So, I'm revisiting this because I am thinking of doing a "big box", 1590XX design and adding all the bells and whistles, including dual speeds and a cancel function.

I'll make all the files, including Tayda drill plans and graphics files available here when I do.

I think, based on where my market for production pedals is going to line up around vintage style dirt boxes, that I am officially abandoning this as a production project.

That frees me up to make it a Cadillac DIY project for the forum.

Last edited:
So, I'm revisiting this because I am thinking of doing a "big box", 1590XX design and adding all the bells and whistles, including dual speeds and a cancel function.

I'll make all the files, including Tayda drill plans and graphics files available here when I do.

I think, based on where my market for production pedals is going to line up around vintage style dirt boxes, that I am officially abandoning this as a production project.

That frees me up to make it a Cadillac DIY project for the forum.
Awesome

Kudos for taking on this ambitious project; building upon the original UniVibe circuit that could use some additional mojo. Looking at your schematics, I don't see a pot for the Pulse control. Is this essentially taking the place of the the Bias trimmer?

I recently built an ElectroVibe Mini and I really like it! I can't help but wonder if the Depth control may be better served as 2 separate controls; 1 as a Mix between clean and wet (maybe the chorus/vibe switch could go away too?), and a Width control. I'm thinking of the controls on my old EHX PolyFlange and how you can fine tune the sweep. Just throwing out some ideas here.

Thanks for all your work on this project and all the ElectroVibe mods! I plan to build another EV mini and implement some of your recommended mods next time around. 🙏

Kudos for taking on this ambitious project; building upon the original UniVibe circuit that could use some additional mojo. Looking at your schematics, I don't see a pot for the Pulse control. Is this essentially taking the place of the the Bias trimmer?

The offset.

I recently built an ElectroVibe Mini and I really like it! I can't help but wonder if the Depth control may be better served as 2 separate controls; 1 as a Mix between clean and wet (maybe the chorus/vibe switch could go away too?), and a Width control. I'm thinking of the controls on my old EHX PolyFlange and how you can fine tune the sweep. Just throwing out some ideas here.

I don’t see how that’s possible. The depth or intensity is part of the LFO.

Thanks for all your work on this project and all the ElectroVibe mods! I plan to build another EV mini and implement some of your recommended mods next time around. 🙏

No sweat!

Okay, back to a normal amount of controls and added the output for a foot controller:

View attachment 58528

Going to start on a board layout now.
That’s frickin sweet. Maybe I’ll be able to afford an actual hot rodded vibe one of these days.

So after you finish this project rotary sim seems like it’d be on somewhat the same playing field.

@Big Monk, are you still planning to release this PCB? I would like to build this or modify my Eletrovibe build to these specs, but I don't see a clear visual guide on how to do so. If you're planning to release this, I would just leave my EV alone and build this separately.

@Big Monk, are you still planning to release this PCB?

For time being, probably not. I’m planning on releasing it commercial at the start of this fiscal year.

I would like to build this or modify my Eletrovibe build to these specs, but I don't see a clear visual guide on how to do so. If you're planning to release this, I would just leave my EV alone and build this separately.

I’m going to prepare a modification document for both the EV and EVM outlining what I think are the most impactful mods.

@Big Monk, just to be clear, do you recommend implementing more-or-less all of the changes outlined in the MV schematic that can be made if one is using an EV PCB? I have a second EV board that I would like to build following your specs, even if not all the modifications can be made on the board.

Back