Electrovibe lamp to LED mod?

cmesoar

I have all the parts on order to build the Electrovibe and wondered if anyone had tried replacing the lamp with an LED and if this was even a good idea. I Perused the Forum for Electrovibe mods/issues, but no mention of this mod.
Would you please advise me?

I have all the parts on order to build the Electrovibe and wondered if anyone had tried replacing the lamp with an LED and if this was even a good idea. I Perused the Forum for Electrovibe mods/issues, but no mention of this mod.
Would you please advise me?
I tried it this week and yes it does work. I think the lamp sounds better but it is still nice with the led. Has a more pronounced throb (at least with a red led).

Might be worth experimenting with different colour leds. Perhaps a clear will produce a similar sound to a bulb.

Thanks for trying this out and for the info. I suspected the LED would sound differently compared to the lamp because of the binary nature of the LED. Sounds like a challenge.

I plan to build it stock, make sure it works right, then I can start messing with it. Perhaps even switchable from lamp to LED.

There were some Easyvibe users a while back that noted the difference in sound between different LED colors, with green sounding especially good.

I plan to build it stock, make sure it works right, then I can start messing with it. Perhaps even switchable from lamp to LED.
Good idea (building it stock first). Report back with your opinions on the LED vs lamp.
I'm building my ElectroVibe with a lamp as well.

Back