This Week on the Breadboard: The Celestial Screamer

Nobody wants to put this in a 1590BB?
I missed this, yeah, that would have made things a bit easier. Is there any benefit to making the boost switchable? If so, I could attempt this layout in a similar fashion to how I did the YSDT but in a 1590BB. :cool:
I'm just offering suggestions. It's your board, the decisions are yours, I'm sure it will come out fine.
I'm always happy to listen to and try to implement your suggestions! They often make a lot of sense.

HI-CUT connects to the VOLUME pot, so why put them so far apart? Similarly, LO-CUT connects to U1. where it is written that TREBLE has to go on the left?
HI-CUT connects to the VOLUME pot, so why put them so far apart? Similarly, LO-CUT connects to U1. where it is written that TREBLE has to go on the left?
I’m pretty sure I had a reason! Lol. Maybe not. 😂

Giving these a go!!

GWbBiMz.png

The final version (really!). I tweaked a few component values (R4 - R6, VR1, C3, R20, R21), added two diodes and corrected a couple of ref des. Callin' this one done. I mean it this time,

Celestial Screamer v1.0.png

I had been asked about a BOOST switch. I tried it and decided I didn't need it. For those who wish to experiment for themselves, I did it like this:

Celestial Screamer boost switch.png

Last edited:
The final version. I tweaked a few component values (R4, R5, C3, R20, R21) and added two diodes. Callin' this one done.

View attachment 56138

I had been asked about a BOOST switch. I tried it and decided I didn't need it. For those who wish to experiment for themselves, I did it like this:

View attachment 56140
On the notes, should it be D1 & D2 or D1 & D3? I’ll email you to follow up on the layout I sent over previously.

D1 & D3. Thanks for pointing that out. The schematic has been corrected.

"standard" TS settings are BOOST at zero, DRIVE below noon, LO-CUT at 9:00, HI-CUT at 1:00, BASS at noon, TREBLE to taste.

Last edited:
Back