Tube screamer types w/ Four or more knobs

I personally can live with the bass cut of the TS. For me the mids are the most important part. The fixed 723 Hz boost of the TS makes a slightly honky feeling (which is sometimes good). Both the Ibanez ST-9 and the STL give a variable mid boost and extent the mid boost area. With the Aion Cirrus you can choose between both settings mid boost before gain stage or after.

...With the Aion Cirrus you can choose between both settings mid boost before gain stage or after.

I bought the Cirrus years ago. You can build it one way or the other, with jumpers.
Well, I set out to have it swing both ways. Worked it out with a toggle, and once I figured it out I lost interest in it.
I have yet to fully build it! 😸

I bought the Cirrus years ago. You can build it one way or the other, with jumpers.
Well, I set out to have it swing both ways. Worked it out with a toggle, and once I figured it out I lost interest in it.
I have yet to fully build it! 😸
The legacy version has jumpers, the new version has a slide switch.
I also built the older legacy version, it fits into a 1590B.

Last edited:
Right on!

Thanks @hamerfan !

So my idea had some merit after all. In fact, reading the new build doc, I'd say my idea is a bit better than that of the newer 1590N1; according to the N1's build doc (red emphasis mine):

The Cirrus project incorporates both versions, allowing the mid-boost section to be placed either before or after the clipping using an on-board slide switch. (This is the main update from the original 1590B version of the Cirrus, which uses on-board jumpers to set the mid-boost location but can’t be toggled.)

Whaddaya mean the 1590B version "can't" be toggled, Kevin? I figured out how to toggle it years ago!

And unlike the N1, there's no need to castrate castle-gate castigate have-the-hole-halved-so-it's-not-a-hole for the Legacy "1590B" PCB's dual-gang pot —
AND you can flip my toggle on the fly unlike the buried-inside slide-switch.

Here, see whutchyall think-a-ma-jiggle:

AION CIRRUS JUMPEROUND [FIXED].png

I thort I were purdy cleavor a' th' tam.
Hmm looking at the doc date,​
I had the ol' switcheroo together in 2018!​
A castellated-decade ago!​

When I eventually build my Legacy Cirrus PCB, it'll go in a 1590N1, with the ol' EQ Pre-Post switcheroo, diode switching and Top Jacks!

I suppose you could wire my switcheramadingdong idear to the new N1's slider lugs somehow, too.

Well this thread turned serious given I plan to make a build called Crystal Lettuce Combo Deluxe

Any progress or further thoughts on this? I'm getting ready to box up my Crystal Lattice Silver build, which I'm pretty likely to be giving away to a guy who mainly wants it for the graphics I worked up.

I think the main progress here was somebody coming up with the name "Veruman" for the Vemuram thing, ah that was @dcfvgb! Great name! Inspired me...

How does "Vemerman" sound for a Vemuram pehduhl? Graphic could be from the "V" TV series from... early '808s whoops, sorry that was an honest-to-gawrsh typo! 😹 Graphic from the early '80s ...

1df1db5febe36e6b77f248b116c2b942.jpg

... on a simpler background:

V-2001DVDcover.jpg

Of course, get rid of the "Humankind's Last Stand" and "The Original Miniseries" — though maybe ...

GAIN = "Humankind's"
TONE = "Last"
VOL = "Stand"

or less "V" and more lizard-merman:

alien-lizard-tongue.gif

"VEMERWOMAN"!

26d216750ac4543b42df8c542db3f63e.jpg

Back