Twin Face Fuzz

JetFixxxer

Not completely finished. Waiting toggle and I also changed the name of the pedal. Twin Face wasn't doing it for me...

rwaDrnQ.jpg

5q3LMHp.jpg

I'm curious on how to properly Bias the transistors... I've researched (Fuzz Central), and have come up empty handed....

I'm curious on how to properly Bias the transistors... I've researched (Fuzz Central), and have come up empty handed....

To bias the twin face put your black probe into the screw holes of your enclosure and put the red probe to the collector of q2 and then turn the trimmer until you get 4.5v.

Be sure to fit check the switch and pots before you solder. On my Covert, the switch was a little on the tall side. I had to shim the pots up from the box with washers and still the leads didn't quite bottom out on the board. The leads did reach far enough thru the board for a good solder joint.

As for where to put a Fuzz-Face in the pedal chain, they react strongly to what is driving them. Most FFs prefer to be driven from a high impedance source, such as a guitar with passive pickups.

Be sure to fit check the switch and pots before you solder. On my Covert, the switch was a little on the tall side. I had to shim the pots up from the box with washers and still the leads didn't quite bottom out on the board. The leads did reach far enough thru the board for a good solder joint.

As for where to put a Fuzz-Face in the pedal chain, they react strongly to what is driving them. Most FFs prefer to be driven from a high impedance source, such as a guitar with passive pickups.
I ran into a similar problem. I didn't have to shim any pots though, I just removed one of the nuts and washers from the 4PDT switch. I'm wondering if these pots might be better to use for this

Those are probably too long. You can download the 16mm pot datasheet from Alpha's website, it had the dimensions for all of the various configurations. Even with the nuts and washers removed from the switch, the short PC pin pots are barely long enough to reach the board. There has got to be a shorter switch out there somewhere.

Back