UK part list for Terrarium build

I don't think I can really help you with it, but FYI the document is not freely readable. You need to change the sharing settings or similar.

My notes:

My notes:
This is amazing, thank you so much @szukalski! I updated spreadsheet with your recommendations for the next generations!

Hi everyone,

I am based in the UK and looking to build a Daisy Smith/Terrarium pedal.

I've put together a list of parts based on the BOM:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...s0_y0mTs6hsCip9BIV4A8yxTqVEN3VSJgffKz/pubhtml

Would be very grateful if someone could review/correct it if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Random question… also based in uk
Have these suppliers been good?
I’ve usually ordered from a combo of farnell, cpc and musikding - I try and get everything from one supplier which is normally impossible

Random question… also based in uk
Have these suppliers been good?
I’ve usually ordered from a combo of farnell, cpc and musikding - I try and get everything from one supplier which is normally impossible
I can't talk for these suppliers, but once you get to a certain amount of backlog then you'll want to look at something cheaper.
Tayda is great for prices, but the customs duty can get you to local prices if you don't buy loads.
LCSC seems to have their supply chain sorted (like AliExpress) and handles customs declaration (you still pay duty but not the handling fee which is usually the killer).

I’ll have to look again - I priced up my last big order on Tayda and by the time you added import duty, postage and VAT on the lot it wasn’t going to be much different to farnell. I guess they are set up to do pedal enclosures more

I’ll have to look again - I priced up my last big order on Tayda and by the time you added import duty, postage and VAT on the lot it wasn’t going to be much different to farnell. I guess they are set up to do pedal enclosures more
If you're buying pots, resistors, and caps, then Tayda are cheaper. LCSC even better with the postage/handling.

FWIW I get most of my stuff from Tayda because I use the enclosure drilling and UV printing services, and nothing compares to those in EU (US has some other options which might work out better for there). But then I only have to pay postage + VAT, no additional duties, which I think might be a good chunk and make it untenable to use Tayda in some countries (compared to alternatives).

Hi everyone,

I am based in the UK and looking to build a Daisy Smith/Terrarium pedal.

I've put together a list of parts based on the BOM:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...s0_y0mTs6hsCip9BIV4A8yxTqVEN3VSJgffKz/pubhtml

Would be very grateful if someone could review/correct it if needed.

Thanks in advance!

I've not come across Cricklewood Electronics, are they any good? I get my pots, switches and jacks from Fuzz Dog's (https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk) and components from Mouser but would rather source them from the UK. I've used Switch Electronics but usually can't get everything from them.

Last edited:
Back