Unused pedals

I buy pedals if they're cheap enough just to find out what I like and what I don't. I build to other people's designs and I build to my own designs. Those last two are the most satisfying. Plugging the pedal in is almost anticlimatic sometimes...

DVMs: cheap DVMs with a capacitance measurement feature are not as good as the $18 transistor tester I mentioned above. That's not as good as a $1K impedance bridge. I don't actually know what process the transistor tester uses to measure capacitance. Time to run some experiments...

If you're seeing a transistor tester for under $5, read it again. The plastic case is $4. You have to select the model you want. An assembled board with an unassembled case is $17.94.

Ah gotcha. Those eBay listings aren’t the most clear...especially on mobile. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here is the Julia. Good luck with this one. By the way, I assume there is nothing wrong with uploading these pictures as this is purely for DIY use?View attachment 1868View attachment 1869View attachment 1870

Thanks for delivering! Generally speaking, guitar pedal circuits can't be patented (they're not nearly novel enough technologically to warrant design patents), so there's no legal issue with posting stuff like this. That's why places like PedalPCB can sell PCB's or Behringer can clone other manufacturer's pedals. They just have to call it something else since brands/product names are trademarked.

Those ICs don’t appear to be sanded. I think it’s just the angle of the picture. Any chance on identifying them? I can only make out bits of the labeling.

Those ICs don’t appear to be sanded. I think it’s just the angle of the picture. Any chance on identifying them? I can only make out bits of the labeling.
Sorry. Those were just out of focus. Look like they are coolaudio V3102D (top) and V3207D (bottom).

That looks like a playskool multimeter

Haha yes, yes it does.

It only measures capacitance but is extremely accurate for low capacitance readings. None of my Flukes can accurately measure below 1nF, but that little toy can go down to below 100pF reliably.

Haha yes, yes it does.

It only measures capacitance but is extremely accurate for low capacitance readings. None of my Flukes can accurately measure below 1nF, but that little toy can go down to below 100pF reliably.
I needed something for low capacitance values and I like how you can just plug em into it's playskool mouth without using the alligator clips. Just bought one. Thanks for the rec!

Back