Valhalla Troubleshooting

wirrl

Hello Community!

I just finished the Valhalla Distortion and it doesnt seem to work...
When the pedal is engaged, the EQ controls seem to work, but there is just no gain. (stays quite clean)
When the pedal is off, nothing comes through to the amp.

I have a feeling that i could maybe be a wiring issue?
Only thing im not sure about: Is the wired connection between 3PDT Breakout Board and PCB Holes supposed to be like i did? (just from left to right). Or is it wrong? Because i didnt find anywhere how the connection has to be done when using the Breakout Board from PedalPCB.

I hope you can help me :)

Regards,
Patrick

Attachments

• 82338084_1530210323815200_4714656240146317312_n.jpg
    82338084_1530210323815200_4714656240146317312_n.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 26
The wiring for that pedal is different than the breakout board provides. Hopefully you have another switch! If so, use the wiring diagram provided in the build docs and save that switch/board for your next build.

so you think my problems occur becuase of the usage of the breakout board? i hope so :D
i basically have to take a new switch (without a breakout board) and wire it up like in the building doc?

but then why do they include this breakout board in the building kit?

Attachments

• valhall wiring.png
    valhall wiring.png
    836.7 KB · Views: 11
Yes it will definitely help with your problems! Not saying it will solve them 100% but the switch wiring is definitely wrong.

I doubt whoever puts the kits together has the time to check every layout to make sure the wiring matches up. ?‍♂️

Have you got a solder sucker or solder braid? You’ll want to redo those wiring pad connections, there’s far too much solder there. And it looks like you resoldered them without removing the board from the enclosure and ensuring the wires go through the holes. Take your time, as long as you undo the pots you should be able to flip the board to a workable angle without having to take out the jacks.

Also, what’s up with that disk capacitor to the left?

Back