Vemuram Jan Ray

That's what I thought, but a buddy who has a far better ear than I swears there's some difference, maybe he's just hearing what he wants to hear to justify the price he paid in his own mind!

Second time this has been requested in the past month. It's basically a Timmy, but not exactly....

Things should be rolling again soon, I'll see what I can work up for the next PCB order. (y)

Second time this has been requested in the past month. It's basically a Timmy, but not exactly....

Things should be rolling again soon, I'll see what I can work up for the next PCB order. (y)

Is there 250 more dollars worth of changes to the circuit? :D

47BB1407-004E-4936-A49F-1E3CDDB2DC7C.jpeg
From another supplier. I just like the layout of the pots. I can’t top mount the jacks without modifying the right angle pots. I might just stick this in a 1590b case with side mounted jacks. I’m also planning of moving the internal pot out.

If this comes to pedalpcb, i’d get one.

The Gear Page... So precious about people who are on the "cool" list and so vicious to those who are not. Ferociously protective of a lucky few! The vitriolic nature of a lot of those guys is why I never look at TGP and love this place! At TGP pedals like the Klon, Timmy and Tubescreamer are revered as holy relics. And none of 'em impress me particularly. They're decent pedals and I can see why the Klon and Timmy are highly regarded but they aren't the mysteriously transcendental portals of tone that the TGP crew would have us believe. They're just good pedals which suit a lot of players. My taste is different so I like others over those.

Out of curiosity I built a Jan Ray and it sounded a lot like a Timmy, strangely enough. Yes there is a slight difference but not better or worse IMO, and definitely not paying any more for. If I want a Timmy clone the OD11 is better IMO. Again, slightly modded. Very slightly!

I like my Timmys very modded. :)

Back