Vibrobot Tremolo

KR Sound

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
All’s well that ends well.

The build went fine, no problems. I snipped pin 6 of the 8083 like others mentioned and it sounds great. Love the options of sine, triangle, and the super choppy square wave. I did replace the 220n cap with a 470n to shift the speed range down to a nice slow and pretty fast trem. The guy I’m building it for said it was great for him.

I’m making a set of pedals for a local player, and the theme is Narnia meets MXR. The other will be a dual overdrive.

You may notice that I swapped the Speed and Depth labels- artistic interpretation I say 😂, or just not paying attention. I didn’t even realize it until I got it all assembled. Took it apart and wired up some pots with lugs and swapped their positions. 🤦🏼‍♂️

The only thing I’m concerned about is the only thing holding the board to the enclosure is the nut on the toggle switch now. I may have to reinforce it somehow before I hand it off.

IMG_0663.jpeg

IMG_0669.jpeg

IMG_0666.jpeg

IMG_0665.jpeg

That KR SOUND board just looks so right. I love your setup, the legs that are holding up the circuit board are pretty cool!

I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already....
But do you have one that does the choppy gated trem sound from Pink Floyd’s “Money”? This may be it!

But do you have one that does the choppy gated trem sound from Pink Floyd’s “Money”? This may be it!
I have the Pendulum (harmonic) and the Moonshot (nice versatile range of wave-shaping, but never gets to true "gated chop").
(deep breath)
But I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already....

I have the Pendulum (harmonic) and the Moonshot (nice versatile range of wave-shaping, but never gets to true "gated chop").
(deep breath)
But I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already. I don't need another tremolo. I have two tremolos already....
Keep telling yourself that! Lol
although ICL8038 avilabil may dictate how bad I need one myself!

(deep breath)
I hate to tell you but you probably need this aaand a wavelord.

Back