• Illusion Blue Berg + Space Dust

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Dirty Magic + Clear Coat

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Hi everyone!

So @Fizz the other day suggested I consolidate all the different colors I have done for the current batch of enclosures into one place and have you guys vote on which colors are your favorite! (This way too I stop bombarding the workbench! 🤣)

In this thread please feel free to share opinions and ideas for future (and current batches). Which by the way the next batch will be geared towards 60s and 70s color tones and palette. But we’ll save that when we get to it!

As for the current batch of enclosures we have:

Dirty Magic base + Space Dust Clear Coat

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2176.jpeg

As you can see this color is very “in your face”. The Space Dust alters the purple and is not the same hue as the base color. Does that make it bad looking? Personally I do not think so, the alteration of the color makes it very unique and is something that has grown on me. You can see the rainbow effect in harmony with the base coats blue metallic flake underneath. To get all these colors I had to play with different angles (hence the difference in angles from other pictures). I feel like this will either be a hit or miss for some people.

Alien Silver + Clear Coat

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2180.jpeg

This is one of my more favored colors only because of its simplicity. But is it really simplistic? No, the added metallic flake gives the silver character and “depth”. I decided to use a regular clear coat to keep the silvers true tone. There’s a nice blend between a real refined aluminum look with the rivets and the powder coated silver. Your thoughts?

Illusion Wild Copper + Space Dust Clear Coat

IMG_2182.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

Ok…..this is my favorite color so far hands down. In true nature the color is a dark almost brownish copper color. As with any “Illusion” series the color is really activated when a clear coat is applied. This was done with Space Dust Clear Coat and the results are spectacular! You can see the copper wanting to come through under certain lighting and angles but overall a deep reddish hue overwhelms the palette. Truly beautiful in my opinion.

Continued in Part 2…..

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpeg
    IMG_2174.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Illusion Blue Berg + Space Dust Clear Coat

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2187.jpeg

I always loved blue but I also always thought that it has to be done right. This blue is very similar to what I would consider a Yamaha Blue. Not the same but similar. The Space Dust IMO works the best with this blue. It’s so nice and it even brings out this beautiful purple that I was hoping the camera would capture and did! The rainbow effect of the Space Dust comes subtly and doesn’t need a lot of light for the effect to come through. Again I think it works in perfect tandem with the blues hue.

So far this is what I have. I think I’m going to do Dirty Magic again but with a regular clear coat. Trust me when I say it’s a completely different purple!

Thank you for reading and have fun voting on your fave color! Feel free to give your thoughts too!

These are all so cool! :love: I have a couple of pedals in Illusion Cherry which I really love so I might suggest that one. I also really like the Venus I/II!

Voted!

yas-oprah.gif

I dig them all. I think the copper might be better without the space dust. The blue looks absolutely incredible, and it’s a toss up of that or dirty magic for my favorite here, but the silver is rad too.

For future colors, a nice Sherwood green sort of color would be rad, especially with the space dust. For classic colors, nothing beats the trifecta of shell pink, sonic blue, and surf green imo

For future colors, a nice Sherwood green sort of color would be rad, especially with the space dust. For classic colors, nothing beats the trifecta of shell pink, sonic blue, and surf green imo
Well i know what im going to be adding to the cart!

Im a sucker for mint or surf green too! What color would compliment that if you were to do a 2 tone enclosure? White would be classic but any others come to mind?

Well i know what im going to be adding to the cart!

Im a sucker for mint or surf green too! What color would compliment that if you were to do a 2 tone enclosure? White would be classic but any others come to mind?
a more creamy off-white could be great. So could the copper, or like a primer grey

Back