What’s this whatchamacallit?

Feral Feline

4CFB6832-5853-475E-A6B3-8B2770F9E95A.jpeg
0C7B68F2-1DEA-4AB3-987D-F23CB05A7B61.jpeg

I got these two doohickies in a grab-bag from Electronic Goldmine a while back.
I found them again whilst looking for a switch from the same grab-bag (found the switch and it’s perfect for my build).

Tried searching the net for various combinations of what’s writ on the kajiggers and NADA results for these two orphans. They’ve 3pin on one side and 5pin on t’other.

Bueller, Bueller… anyone… Bueller?

I have zero real info here, but they sort of look like a transformer of some sort. Might explain the pin config too…..maybe

Could be an IC. Can you take one out of the packing?
Sure, but then I'd ruin its future resale value. Like how a Chewbacca action figure from 1978 that's still in its blister-pack is worth way more online than the Chewbacca action figure at the garage-sale with one arm tore off and the hair mostly singed off by a magnifying glass back in the day by the unscrupulous older brother of the fellow that is holding the garage sale... 🙀

For you, though, I'm willing to take it out of its packaging; I could even send you one and then you can take it out of its packaging. 😹
[EDIT: photo is on my phone, but phone isn't loading the forum, hang on a tick]

Seriously though, Hamish, if you want one it's yours. I'd like to keep one and subject it to that magnifying glass, maybe some probes hooked to an oscilloscope — no idea what I might find because I've no idea what I'd be doing with the oscilloscope...

@RetiredUnit1 thanks for that. I knew Lucent was huge on the telecom backend, but it wasn't until you pointed it out that it occurred to me I've got a couple friends in telecoms — both are programmers, so ... longshot.

Last edited:
198-1980373_calvin-and-hobbes-png-hd-calvin-and-hobbes.png

Telecoms friend has got some hits in the avionics field, some vendors say they stock it, but either images or numbers don’t match … debouncer … bla blah de bullahhh.
Still working on it…

Back