What are your favourite blues breaker mods?

I'm looking to add a presence control to a pro-10 build. By any chance, you can share with us how you did that for your mod? Thanks
Hey. Well I didn't modify the blues breaker PCB, I used EasyEDA to make my own version based on the mods suggested in this thread. Here is my schematic.

Looking at the pro 2 schematic, it looks like you could replace R10 with a trimpot and add a capacitor between the trimpot and Vref.

C7 in the schematic will have an effect here, not sure what. You could always remove it.

Although the presence is mroe of a set and forget for me. You could always change the caps in the tone section to 33nf or more if there is too much treble. Tha'ts what I did.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 8.07.33 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 8.07.33 pm.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 11
Hey. Well I didn't modify the blues breaker PCB, I used EasyEDA to make my own version based on the mods suggested in this thread. Here is my schematic.

Looking at the pro 2 schematic, it looks like you could replace R10 with a trimpot and add a capacitor between the trimpot and Vref.

C7 in the schematic will have an effect here, not sure what. You could always remove it.

Although the presence is mroe of a set and forget for me. You could always change the caps in the tone section to 33nf or more if there is too much treble. Tha'ts what I did.
Thank you for this. Will follow your instructions on my mod. I actually prefer a little more treble than stock. I'm the select few that turn the presence control on my king of tone up to noon. :LOL:

I like to keep it low gain. My mods are to replace R3 and R6 with 50K linear trim pots, so that you can dial in 27K & 33k respectively for a KOT and dial in the resistance to 4K7 & 3K3 to bring it back to BB. You can also experiment with them to come up with your own gain frequency. I also like to insert a 25K linear trim pot before and in series with C7 to act as a presence control.

Back