What pedal would you buy even if DIY was an option?

It doesn't exist but if ehx made a Horn9 with a Memphis horns setting in their _____9 range of pedals id buy it in a friggin heartbeat. The Mel9 is brilliant and I couldn't live without it

I would focus on streamlining the board and getting rid of redundancies rather than trying to put everything on one board.

In all fairness, there are no redundancies. They all have a specific purpose.

Plus I’m a hobbyist, so everything on one board is like a big toy!

@JamieJ

What I really need to do is to redo the board with narrower top pieces. Here is a side shot of the top boards:

850252E4-227A-496F-BF0F-B0E2116767EF.jpeg 72A501BB-B937-404C-8CAC-9FB7436F3CF6.jpeg

These boards come in 36” lengths and in a few widths. These are 2 1/4” but the6 have them in 1 1/2” as well.

I think the 1 1/2” boards would let me make the whole pedalboard narrower and if I then extend the length of it, I can fit more pedals.

Another improvement, especially considering the noise generated in my Wah from sitting over the power strips, is this:

1C6EDD63-9BDF-4133-A078-E05A68FD1F2C.jpeg

Basically a little extension I can mount my power strips on to try and segregegate the strips and wall warts from the pedals. I can also put my Humboldt there and my little Marshall MS2 practice amp there as well.

Strymon deco that simultaneously does what it advertises it does and is pretty underwhelming
Damn, that's dead-on my experience as well...

It actually sounds great on a master buss or stereo mix, but is kinda disappointing on guitar. The tape emulation side is nice, but the tape saturation is, well... not very tapey. Especially when hit hard, it sounds more like a diode clipper to me than actual tape. I guess the sound of tape saturation is quite variable, depending on the machine itself, as well as the head & tape type/age, but I would have liked something a bit more unique.

Damn, that's dead-on my experience as well...

It actually sounds great on a master buss or stereo mix, but is kinda disappointing on guitar. The tape emulation side is nice, but the tape saturation is, well... not very tapey. Especially when hit hard, it sounds more like a diode clipper to me than actual tape. I guess the sound of tape saturation is quite variable, depending on the machine itself, as well as the head & tape type/age, but I would have liked something a bit more unique.
Glad I'm not alone on this. Like with all tape effects, including phaser, flanger etc, I like them applied to a mix rather than as a guitar effect

Back