What's on the workbench?

I got all excited when I saw that @Robert was giving these away with a board order, so I rushed out (okay, maybe three weeks later) and ordered some new boards (that I'm never going to get around to building -- at least not until the parts for the aren't available anymore) in hopes that I would get one of these cool PedalPCB cheat sheets. Sadly no, my recent order arrived without the coveted resistor color code.

Guess I'll have to rely on old blue...
1712319753304.png

Now I know how Ralphie felt that fateful day in the bathroom when he was stripped of his innocence and awakened to the realities of the world.

We’ll just have to see then won’t we?

Oh there will be troubleshooting threads, no doubt....

But, there are no JFETs, no rare components, no biasing, nothing of the sort. It does have a relatively high component count compared to the typical overdrive, but if you can install the components in the right spot (and on the right side of the board) it's almost foolproof.

I think the trickiest part is setting the limit washer on the rotary switch. :ROFLMAO:

I got all excited when I saw that @Robert was giving these away with a board order, so I rushed out (okay, maybe three weeks later) and ordered some new boards (that I'm never going to get around to building -- at least not until the parts for the aren't available anymore) in hopes that I would get one of these cool PedalPCB cheat sheets. Sadly no, my recent order arrived without the coveted resistor color code.

Guess I'll have to rely on old blue...
View attachment 72344

Now I know how Ralphie felt that fateful day in the bathroom when he was stripped of his innocence and awakened to the realities of the world.
I distinctly remember having one of these back when I started that my grandfather gave me. Almost identical except it said “Stackpole Carbon” which was based in my hometown and made resistors :)

IMG_5800.png

I distinctly remember having one of these back when I started that my grandfather gave me. Almost identical except it said “Stackpole Carbon” which was based in my hometown and made resistors :)

View attachment 72750
I use this site:

I use this site:
I’ve done that, I also have an app etc. I rarely use either anymore though as I’m at the point where I know most common values by sight
Now when I use 1% metal films I’m always looking. At it to keep myself honest lol

Back