What's on the workbench?

Right, because what compliments an old-school fuzz better than a microcontroller?

It's a nice sounding fuzz, microcontroller or not.

You're just going to plug it into a modeling amp anyway, simmer down boomer. :ROFLMAO:

(I kid, I kid)

Boy oh boy is it your lucky day! Step right up, let me tell you, the PedalPCB Siamese Contortionist will NOT have any newfangled computer-controlled relay bypass integrated into the PCB.

Did you get a chance to crack the Holdsworth OD open yet? I’m curious as to if it’s a fairly novel circuit or just derivative of something else (please don’t say YATS)!

To be fair, the Tone Bender came out in what, 1965? The first microcontroller was created in the early 70s?

We're talking 6 whole years of innovation here. Microcontrollers ain't that much newer than fuzz.

Ahh, gotcha. Let me hunt it down, it's .... somewhere around here. :ROFLMAO:

It seems like it was a blue note and something else. I actually think I might HAVE sent you that schematic way back when I was tracing it because something was odd about it. :unsure:

I can't recall.

To be fair, the Tone Bender came out in what, 1965? The first microcontroller was created in the early 70s?

We're talking 6 whole years of innovation here. Microcontrollers ain't that much newer than fuzz.
1957: Sputnik
1958: Explorer 1
1961: First man in space (Gagarin)
1965: Tonebender Mk I
1969: First man on the moon (Armstrong)

The blurb on that pedal blew up bull-sh*t-meter:

“We designed SH-1N with two basic goals. Firstly, SH-1N must not attenuate any useful frequency of amp tone. Each legendary amp in history is perfect from the perspective of music at the time, SH-1N should retain these original frequencies."

Back