Where and why do people buy Chibsons?

I’m entertaining the idea of picking up a Chibson to mess around with, but have now idea where to get one from. Are the Ali ones a shot in the dark, rolling the dice?

I’m entertaining the idea of picking up a Chibson to mess around with, but have now idea where to get one from. Are the Ali ones a shot in the dark, rolling the dice?
I still haven’t rolled the dice and actually purchased one yet. But from what I remember watching on YouTube reviews, they vary pretty widely in quality. Some YouTube reviews recommended going with eBay because you can sometimes get a responsive seller who has the guitar on hand and can answer questions about that specific instrument… but ya seems like a dice roll on quality. I am still jonesing for an Ace Frehley sparkle blue les paul but I also came across some cool Zemaitus knockoffs. I still want to buy one in the next couple months but unexpected surgery bills put that idea on hold for now.

I still haven’t rolled the dice and actually purchased one yet. But from what I remember watching on YouTube reviews, they vary pretty widely in quality. Some YouTube reviews recommended going with eBay because you can sometimes get a responsive seller who has the guitar on hand and can answer questions about that specific instrument… but ya seems like a dice roll on quality. I am still jonesing for an Ace Frehley sparkle blue les paul but I also came across some cool Zemaitus knockoffs. I still want to buy one in the next couple months but unexpected surgery bills put that idea on hold for now.
I hear ya. I joined a couple FB groups to see what’s up with everything.

Well, if you decide to get one, let us know what you think. Personally, I couldn't do it. It's just another example of China trying to pass of counterfeit goods. For me personally, I think I'd rather buy an Epiphone Les Paul before I'd buy a Chibson, but I'm also not here to judge. If you try one and you think it's worth it, let us know.

Ya, I go back and forth on the morality of it all. I’ve read many of these are nicer than the Epiphones and may have similar employees [source needed]. If I can get one without the name on it, that’s cool too. We’ll see.

You're probably better off with a nice Burny or Greco. Sure, they aren't $150 anymore, but they're still a good deal compared to anything of similar build quality.

Ya, I go back and forth on the morality of it all. I’ve read many of these are nicer than the Epiphones and may have similar employees [source needed].
The Epiphone relation is just myth to make people feel better about doing something they know they shouldn't
If I can get one without the name on it, that’s cool too. We’ll see.
Be sure to also ask them to soak the fretboard in adrenochrome.

Just what a cheap crappy Les Paul needs - a locking bridge to remove any last vestige of tone it might have had! You asked, and that's my opinion. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole. But I'm not the target market. Only you can judge what will make you happy!

My first electric had a Floyd so they have a special place in my heart. I could take or leave the franken-paint, but gold hardware is always a no-go for me.

Lifeson & Gibson didn't get the memo about Floyds on LPs.

hq720.jpg

I guess they're just Epiphoning it in...

Back