Wonka Boost (Virile Boost)

Any feedback on internal beautification is welcome!
You wiring runs could be shorter and cleaner. I'm not sure why you put electrical tape on the board. The components on the board could be straighter, and resistors oriented with their bands all going the same direction. The star washer for the footswitch should be on the inside. Aside from the star washer, none of these points are particularly egregious though

Reactions: fig
I'm pretty bad at internal beautification, but one thing I noticed that's pretty simple and improves the look quite a bit is soldering one end of any wires, then measuring and cutting them before soldering the other end. Obviously you need to be careful to not cut too much, but it helps with having too long wires.

My DC jack wires still end up too long though, but using outie style jacks could help with that.

The Golden Ticket!

Nice!

Interior should be completely gooped.

Just pour in epoxy until it reaches 2mm below the top lip of the enclosure, that way you'll still be able to get the lid on your now 3lb-pedal!

You wiring runs could be shorter and cleaner. I'm not sure why you put electrical tape on the board. The components on the board could be straighter, and resistors oriented with their bands all going the same direction. The star washer for the footswitch should be on the inside. Aside from the star washer, none of these points are particularly egregious though
Thanks for the heads up on the star washer! The jacks were touching the board. I didn't know if that would create an issue with grounding or whatever, so I threw some tape on it. Seems like a bad assumption lol

Back