Woodpecker Build Issues (New Version)

Melba Toast

Hi all,

I populated the board for the newest Woodpecker version (Q1 PF5102, Q2 2N5088, Q3 2N6027) and when I connected it to my testing rig I got signal when the switch is on, but only as a boost and no oscillation or changes in depth from the other two pots. The Level pot is the only one that affects signal. I know this was an issue some people ran into with the older versions of the board that often had to do with the transistors, but I was wondering if anyone else had run into this issue with this version (PCB132 rev2 is printed on the back). I socketed the transistors and have tried multiple transistors at each position with the same results and I'm not getting any of the ticking people often talk about with the build.

Thanks in advance,

MT

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

I do not mean to be a jerk, but did you happen to find any 2n6027 that you want to sell? I did find some on Amazon Prime but they are close to $10. I want to try to get this working by this weekend so I can surprise my brother in law.

I do not mean to be a jerk, but did you happen to find any 2n6027 that you want to sell? I did find some on Amazon Prime but they are close to $10. I want to try to get this working by this weekend so I can surprise my brother in law.
I couldn’t find any... I just looked through all my transistors... sorry...

Just an update. Mine has an LFO ticking at full volume. Hard to record without hearing lfo ticking faintly. I will try to re-route wires.

I came to try voluming up my amp and plugged some headphones when my Sea Horse was also ticking. On the Sea Horse, moving the input and output wires away from the Lm324 helped. Ticking is still there. Unlike before, it was also ticking even when bypassed.

Back