XC Phase

Zennmaster

This was a really enjoyable build. It went together nice and easy, but that's where the hard part began: I first did the art on a clear waterslide, but didn't really like the overall effect, so I tried etching with the laser. That didn't quite work out as I had hoped, I just couldn't get the contrast to work, so some of the labeling disappeared. Then I tried to get it UV printed at Tayda, but somehow I just couldn't get the pdf file to work out right (I'm a Linux guy with Inkscape and Scribus, and I think I know now why it didn't work). Hugo was kind enough to send me the drilled and powder coated enclosure, and I then tweaked the design a bit and discovered that diode lasers do really funny things to glow-in-the-dark PC. I don't recommend. Finally, I reached out to Spencer at Amplifyfun, who turns out to live in the same side of Portland that I do, and he was able to produce this final product, which is exactly what I was after. I really can't say enough good things about Amplifyfun!

I have also become a big fan of Robert's I/O board. It really simplifies and neatens things up.

So here it is:

LunarPhase final -001.jpg LunarPhase final -002.jpg

Back