YaMojito

szukalski

The Mojito has been paraded around a bit, but it’s a great circuit and I wanted one on the inventory.

Nothing special to see here, usual build and made a faceplate for it. Used the recommended diodes, only change was to put the boost switch onto a dual relay board. If I were to do it again then I’d just keep the boost on all the time and adjust as required like I do with my Honeybeest.

The pedal sounds great. It fits a similar role to my speedy sheep, a great low gain drive with the option to kick in the second channel for more gain. If you don’t have one, build one!

IMG_3329.jpeg
IMG_3330.jpeg

How does the dual relay board work? Hold the switch to toggle the boost or something?
Yeah. You have to change the controller code to change on release of the footswitch (instead of the usual change when you first push it down).

Then you make a long hold change the second relay.

It works, but it’s got the drawback that there’s a longer (in the milliseconds) delay to toggle the pedal because it doesn’t take effect until your release the footswitch. There’s no way around that which I’ve found, because you need to make a decision if it’s a short press or long press and you can’t do that until the footswitch is released.

I don’t think I’d do it in production, but it beats having two footswitches in a 125B!

You could also experiment with a double-tap for a secondary function. I haven’t tried this myself, but it might result in something a little smoother.

I’ve thought about double tap also. I think you will end up with a lag on single press.

How does the chip know if you will press it a second time? It has to wait a specified length to be sure there won’t be a second press. So on single press, it won’t do the on/off function until after it waits. (Unless you’re ok with it shutting off immediately, then back on when it registered the 2ndpress).

For hold, it can decide if it was short or long press at the time of release, so at least single press is a quick action.

That’s how I’ve thought of it anyway. idk if hold is really a good way to go for live playing. But it’s better to have the option than not I suppose.

You could also experiment with a double-tap for a secondary function. I haven’t tried this myself, but it might result in something a little smoother.
It’s the same problem, you need to toggle on release. It’s really not that bad, but it’s a slight deviation from normal.

Back