Another Wise Sheep from Sheepylove via Michael W

xefned

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Thank you Michael and Sheepy for making this available to the masses.

I was excited to give this a go, because I've never built a “Blues Breaker” style pedal. Since I've built every other classic circuit (TS, Rat, Muff, etc,) I had to give it a try. Easy build. Slightly higher gain than many overdrives. With humbuckers, there's always some fuzz even with gain down. But I find that a useful setting. With gain cranked, you could mistake this for a distortion pedal. I find gain at both extremes quite useful. This will be handy for recording doubled parts at different settings to blend in multitracking. Pairs well with Kick Out The Jams.

I love the faceplate method of labeling. It looks great with minimal effort!

01-wise ass.JPG

Ever-important gut shot:
02-wise sheep inside.JPG

Last edited:
I dig this color. Very excited to get this one going. Is that a colored LED under a clear bezel? I just started doing that myself and I love it.

I dig this color. Very excited to get this one going. Is that a colored LED under a clear bezel? I just started doing that myself and I love it.

Yes indeed!
I had one remaining 5mm YELLOW LED from another project installed in this spot.

Looked super cool, but it burned up after a few seconds bc there was no CLR on the board. Whoops.

So I installed an orange, rather than wait for a Mouser order. I'll install a yellow eventually.

IMG_5755.JPG

Looking forward to seeing some of your enclosure/LED color combos @GizzWizzKing!

Back