Zorkmid boost, overdrive, distortion build report

harmaes

Cool build and great, amp like sounding pedal. Timmy on steroids.
Boosts well with the gain to minimum and gradually adds overdrive up to quite some distortion when increasing the gain.
The mids pot is where the zorks are. ;) With mids to minimum it’s flat but increasing it adds a very pleasant amount of well tuned mids, have to decrease bass in that case. I keep the treble at max which sounds best for me, pedal is on the darker side otherwise. I prefer the clipping and tone shaping switches in the middle. Clipping to the right adds some bite on higher gain, to the left seems asymm but haven’t validated it. @Robert?
The tone switch cuts highs to the right and highs/lows to the left. Not convinced on that option.

@HamishR this a cool pedal for you!
IMG_9207.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9206.jpeg
    IMG_9206.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Taking a quick look R9 should 3k3. That will tighten up the low end a bit. C10 and R10 on the output amp form a de-emphasis filter that works with the bass control. Changing R10 to 3k3 will bring back some highs while reducing the max bass boost setting (unity bass is when the bass control = R10 which is around 2 o’clock.

Taking a quick look R9 should 3k3. That will tighten up the low end a bit. C10 and R10 on the output amp form a de-emphasis filter that works with the bass control. Changing R10 to 3k3 will bring back some highs while reducing the max bass boost setting (unity bass is when the bass control = R10 which is around 2 o’clock.
R10 is a 4k7 now so I will lower that to 3k3 and give that a go!
EDIT: for forum members that are going to build this I would advice them to use 3k3 instead of 4k7 for R10. ;)

Last edited:
Back