TH Black Eye (Soldano GTO) prototype build

I've seen a couple of your pedals for sale over on the TGP Emporiums, that means they must be legit, right?

Really cool looking stuff, I don't care if the rest of the world hasn't caught up yet... that means no two year wait lists! :)

If you're ever taking orders.... it looks like you will have a decent number of interested parties.
I'm planning to make it available soon, hopefully this week, but I want to get at least minimal documentation together for it so I'm not throwing people blindly into a high-voltage circuit. I'm hoping to have it together in the next few days.

On that note though, I should probably start getting an idea of how many people will want pre-milled enclosures as I only have a couple 1590BB around and will be making a Tayda order soon.

I'm planning to make it available soon, hopefully this week, but I want to get at least minimal documentation together for it so I'm not throwing people blindly into a high-voltage circuit. I'm hoping to have it together in the next few days.

On that note though, I should probably start getting an idea of how many people will want pre-milled enclosures as I only have a couple 1590BB around and will be making a Tayda order soon.
Meh, the high voltage will sort out the weak :ROFLMAO:

I am 100% in for a milled enclosure.

I would be more than happy to Buy one of them boards off of you if you have an extra you are willing to part with.

Got a draft build doc together, I'll work on the drill template when I get home from work today, but this gives you a basic idea of what you're looking at for a build. Hopefully I made the disclaimer scary enough, I don't want people to die :confused:

Last edited:
Excellent, that's my job. You don't need to be paranoid, but as long as you always have a healthy fear of high voltage you should be fine. You need to be just scared enough to be careful. As soon as you get cocky and stop worrying, that's when you get hurt.
I used to say this all the time in my wood shop. Fear the shaper, respect the shaper or give a limb to the shaper. It was a shared space so there were a bunch of artists (cough cough squatters) with no experience with big tools and you'd occasionally find things like the table saw blade missing half it's teeth with no explanation.

Alright, it's live. I have a decent number of boards on hand, and I have a ton of 1590BB on their way from stompboxparts (only 4 hours from my house) so I should be able to do pre-milled enclosures for anyone that wants them, but the drill template is on the build doc now so you can drill your own enclosure as well.

I also have standalone high-voltage boards that I'm finishing up documentation for and will be available later today, and I have another simple tube preamp that I'm waiting on revised boards for that will be available in a week or so. And I don't want any requests, that's all the PCBs I'm doing :p

Alright, it's live. I have a decent number of boards on hand, and I have a ton of 1590BB on their way from stompboxparts (only 4 hours from my house) so I should be able to do pre-milled enclosures for anyone that wants them, but the drill template is on the build doc now so you can drill your own enclosure as well.

I also have standalone high-voltage boards that I'm finishing up documentation for and will be available later today, and I have another simple tube preamp that I'm waiting on revised boards for that will be available in a week or so. And I don't want any requests, that's all the PCBs I'm doing :p

Very gracious of you to do these, sir

Back