Cornerstone Gladio

Oh wait, now that I think about it I wonder if that’s the controller for the switch? In which case you can probably omit it unless you want the behavior the pedal has (either both channel in series or flip flop).

I would love one of these too. I wonder how close you would get to this with a dumbloid and zendrive in one enclosure?

I would love one of these too. I wonder how close you would get to this with a dumbloid and zendrive in one enclosure?
I think the closest might be vertex steel string and a dumbloid. Zendrive might be too gain. We’ll see. These units seem hard to get.

What’s the answer? I own one but I have no idea! 🤣
Strangely, I only found an answer from Conerstone on TGP forum...don't know why they don't state it on their website?!

Yes, the two trimmers and the slide switch on the inside were thought as a sort of Easter eggs cause they are not "essential" to properly use the Gladio, they're just some additional (minor) controls...

Anyway, if you open up the lid of the enclosure, you'll find:
- a trimmer on the right (Bass)
- a trimmer on the left (Presence)
- a slide switch

The Bass trimmer controls the bass content of the 1st channel, while the Presence trimmer controls the high frequency content of the 2nd channel.
By default, the bass trimmer is set at 55% while the presence is set at 65%.
You can try experimenting with them, but just be aware that those controls will also affect the gain structure of the two channels (the more you turn them CW, the more the Gain)

The slid switch is used to add some clipping diodes to the 2nd channel. As I already said on another thread here, the 2nd channel had to sound pretty harsh (inspired by sonny Landreth sound), and to obtain that sound I chose not to use any clipping diodes at all... The Saturated sound comes from the signal amplified so much that it hits the supply rails of the IC... This make it sound the way it sounds... But some folks would like to have a little help given by the sustain of the classic clipping diodes... Here's the reasonffor that slide switch, which by default is set to the left, but if you want you can slide it to the right to add compression...

Back