What's on the workbench?

While I’m quite sure that’s a tube preamp pedal more in the vein of a Butler tube driver or the John Mayer thing that people are talking about, I think something along the lines of a Garnet Herzog overdrive/fuzz unit in a pedal-format would be especially exceptional, and I believe the first 12AX7 could be replaced with transistors without a considerable effect on the performance while keeping it at a manageable size (1590xx maybe?). Definitely would need a dedicated PS though, since a charge pump wouldn’t cut it.

I’ll definitely be getting whatever this PCB is whenever it becomes available though!

Tube preamp pedals today, tomorrow the world (or maybe at least a bias tremolo)!

Phew! Mega-relieved. Had me worried for half a heartbeat, 🩺📉 because it's not unheard of for tubes to be jutting out of enclosures near stompswitches (*cough*MawdKitz*cough*cough*)

Somebody should let MawedKitz in on that "proof of concept" concept. 😹 Let'm know 'bout top jacks while at it. I would've bought nearly all their kits when I was starting out but for the side-jack paradim [sic] when there's plenty O room for proper top-jacks.

As for a prototype being boxed up...
Wait! What about that box you posted in the hole-drilling thread — that enclosure had plenty of ventilation for the tuberotype!

Phew! Mega-relieved. Had me worried for half a heartbeat, 🩺📉 because it's not unheard of for tubes to be jutting out of enclosures near stompswitches (*cough*MawdKitz*cough*cough*)

Somebody should let MawedKitz in on that "proof of concept" concept. 😹 Let'm know 'bout top jacks while at it. I would've bought nearly all their kits when I was starting out but for the side-jack paradim [sic] when there's plenty O room for proper top-jacks.

As for a prototype being boxed up...
Wait! What about that box you posted in the hole-drilling thread — that enclosure had plenty of ventilation for the tuberotype!
This thing can sing!
It's got a 9AU7 in it, Standby LED, On Led, Tone Bypass Toggle from around 2011!:
Valve Master (Custom U bolts, Knobs, Graphic) Tube Drive Pedal.jpg

I built a high voltage tube buffer once using one of those cheap high voltage boost converters off eBay, it worked for about 20 minutes until one of the filter caps on the boost converter exploded. What a smell.

I never did bother getting it working again, kinda scared me off those cheap Chinese boost converters. I figure I’ll get to it one day.

Back