What's on the workbench?

Also got a half dozen C500 dual pots from elsewhere...if only I could remember why?

After taking a break from building for almost 3 years I keep finding things in my stash that I have no memory ordering and no idea what they were ordered for.

Reactions: fig
When I find something I can't remember why it was ordered, I do a quick search of my computer's hard-drive for that item.
For instance, I might type in 2SK208 and the Low Tide comes up, but also AMT SS-11a and the Boss ME-33. Makes for some interesting info-discovery from time to time.

Key-word searches online sometimes work, but often you get too much unrelated garbage.

Reactions: fig
When I find something I can't remember why it was ordered, I do a quick search of my computer's hard-drive for that item.
For instance, I might type in 2SK208 and the Low Tide comes up, but also AMT SS-11a and the Boss ME-33. Makes for some interesting info-discovery from time to time.

Key-word searches online sometimes work, but often you get too much unrelated garbage.
I do a similar thing by going into Outlook (email) & type in the Search column it tells me the dates when I purchased a part.
I can cross reference with a PCB or Graphic that I ordered or drew up!
I also use it to reorder the same part numbers for components.

Well hello there! How far away is this guy? One of my must-haves! I was going to get a board from another manufacturer but would rather get one from here.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the board offered by any of the other guys is exactly the same as the MXR. I believe those are JFET adaptations of the amp schematic.... This is (quite) a bit different. This has opamps, and more opamps, and what's that? Oh.... more opamps.

Not saying that's better or worse, just not the same.

(If there IS a schematic of this thing already floating around I'd love to see it, it could sure save me some time)

It's going to be a little while, that circuit is rather complicated, but I did crack it open a few days ago to put it in queue.

Re: NG-3™

If I build one, I will call it "The Serial OD" because it seems so important on that gooped one.
:ROFLMAO:

I might be wrong, but I don't think the board offered by any of the other guys is exactly the same as the MXR. I believe those are JFET adaptations of the amp schematic.... This is (quite) a bit different. This has opamps, and more opamps, and what's that? Oh.... more opamps.

It's going to be a little while, that circuit is rather complicated, but I did crack it open a few days ago to put it in queue.
I had thought the PCB Guitar Mania offering was a copy of this pedal, but you're right, it's a preamp based on the head.

I'm in no hurry, I have more projects on the go than I can poke a stick at. I am glad to hear that it's in the queue though 🙌

What !?

No memes?
But so many to choose from...

thats-the-joke-son-you-missed-it-flew-right-by-ya.jpg

Anyway, it bodes well for my growing "Kernow" line of pedals...

Back