SOLVED Friendly Fire Fuzz (Companion) No Voltage Reading...

Coda

Decided to throw together a few super simple fuzz circuits. Neither has worked. The issue I am having with the Companion build is that there is no signal when the effect is on. I get bypass, and the switch is good. All of the components have been double checked. When I try and read the voltage of the transistors, I get nothing. I have used to 5088 and 3904 (not that that is the issue). What would be causing the lack of a reading?

The 2SC536 has a weird pinout ECB with the collector being the middle pin you should still get something from VCC through but worth mentioning the pinout you'd obviously need to make your replacements match its pinout

I figured it out. I looked up and saw the note I left myself taped to the wall: “Check the pinout.” Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
In a similar boat. Am using 2n2222 transistors. Luckily in used those little adapters so I could try different transistors, but it doesn’t matter which way I put the 2n2222 in, I get no effected sound. Bypass works and everything else checks out. Do you know where I can get a list of pin out info? Thank you.

In a similar boat. Am using 2n2222 transistors. Luckily in used those little adapters so I could try different transistors, but it doesn’t matter which way I put the 2n2222 in, I get no effected sound. Bypass works and everything else checks out. Do you know where I can get a list of pin out info? Thank you.

2n2222’s should be oriented per the printed diagram on the pcb (flat side towards the footswitch). I would recommend you start a fresh thread with shots of the pcb, so the eagle eyes can take a scan...

im having the same issue. this is the only pedalpcb board that failed me and i never got working. i couldnt locate 2SC536. but i have plenty of others to test. soviet NOS to silicon and i get zero sound. i get passthrough. lights light up. what would a best substitute Q be? and ill have to check pin out.

Back