What's on the workbench?

Let’s see…
  1. White washer
  2. Side jacks
  3. Sticker instead of decal
  4. Anti-rotation washer on outside of toggle switch
  5. Presence label like 2 inches away from toggle
  6. Font? (I don’t mind it, but it’s not a great font)
  7. Outie power jack (again not a big issue to me, but they're ugly)
I didn’t realize that washer was supposed to go inside? Usually switches like that come with another little ring with teeth which goes inside no?

I didn’t realize that washer was supposed to go inside? Usually switches like that come with another little ring with teeth which goes inside no?
The tab the sticks out is an anti-rotation tab. It’s meant to pair with an index hole in the enclosure/panel surface. That looks ugly though, so you can do the same thing with a hole on the inside of the enclosure that doesn’t go all the way thru if you’d like, or omit it entirely. It’s easy enough to break the tab off, but I just get washers that don’t have the tab at all. I just think the tab is an eyesore to have sticking up like that, and it’s a great way to accidentally puncture your nailbed when you go to flip the switch on a dark stage.

Let’s see…
  1. White washer
  2. Side jacks
If I’m lucky mine will get a sticker… most just get the Sharpie treatment. I don’t play out, and don’t sell them, so for me I’d rather build and play than learn how to be a graphic design artist lol

Let’s see…
  1. White washer
  2. Side jacks
I would have centred the footswitch too (though that might be a perspective thing)

There’s SO much wrong with this image.
Let’s see…
  1. White washer
  2. Side jacks
Hmm...

Let's address these points one at a time...

1. White washer -- hater's gonna hate, and @eh là bas ma isn't here to defend himself
2. Side jacks - all of the original pedals that we love had side jacks -- think about it -- none of the legendary pedals we grew up with had top jacks -- not even the Boss pedals that were on all of our boards.
3. Sticker instead of decal -- c'mon, there's a thread on here called "Show off Your Stickers - Stickers wanted!" It doesn't say "Show off your decals - decals wanted" -- just saying....
4. Anti-rotation washer on the outside of toggle switch -- OK, I'll give you that one.
5. Presence label like 2 inches away from toggle - C'mon, we all know graphics is hard. It's not about the execution, it's about the effort...
6. Font - Nothing says talent booster more than that font. I mean, that takes talent to a whole n'other level.
7. Outie power jack -- some of us have innies, some of us have outies -- let's not judge.

I have to strongly disagree with point 2... Fuzz Face, Big Muff, ProCo Rat, all have jacks on top

Hmm...

Let's address these points one at a time...

1. White washer -- hater's gonna hate, and @eh là bas ma isn't here to defend himself
2. Side jacks - all of the original pedals that we love had side jacks -- think about it -- none of the legendary pedals we grew up with had top jacks -- not even the Boss pedals that were on all of our boards.
3. Sticker instead of decal -- c'mon, there's a thread on here called "Show off Your Stickers - Stickers wanted!" It doesn't say "Show off your decals - decals wanted" -- just saying....
4. Anti-rotation washer on the outside of toggle switch -- OK, I'll give you that one.
5. Presence label like 2 inches away from toggle - C'mon, we all know graphics is hard. It's not about the execution, it's about the effort...
6. Font - Nothing says talent booster more than that font. I mean, that takes talent to a whole n'other level.
7. Outie power jack -- some of us have innies, some of us have outies -- let's not judge.

Back