Equilux Mini

SYLV9ST9R

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Nothing special, just a straight up Equilux Mini. Also my 75th build.

Wanted some EQ on my board, and reading the raving reviews of this one, I thought I'd give it a try.
Haven't played with it that much, but I thikn I'll like it, to switch on a boost of certain frequency, or getting some lo-fi vibes with some frequencies cutting.

Pretty utilitarian design, just had fun with color coding the knobs to go with the different frequency sections.
My only gripe was that the UV print was a bit offset from the drilling, but that's within tolerance at Tayda, and with the knobs on, not too bad.

IMG_5048.jpg IMG_5038.jpg

cc81ffc80227757df4da3d4a4043ffaa.gif

Congratulations on your milestone!

The color-coded knobs and neatly-labeled divisions look great.

I have the mini board in my queue, but man! I love the big one so much! I liked it at first, but it has grown on me more and more. Even with over a year of close to daily use, I still have to test out knob positions quite a bit; it's one of the few pedals that I use my "cheat sheets" with every time I plug a different guitar in. It's not always on, but I sure love hove it can both clean up the string separations, and add some "brown" if I give it more than unison gain.

congrats on #75! I LOVE the Neve knob colors, I might copy that when I get to this build 👀
Thanks! They're not perfect (Tayda), but more than do the job for my basement playing ;)
cc81ffc80227757df4da3d4a4043ffaa.gif

Congratulations on your milestone!

The color-coded knobs and neatly-labeled divisions look great.
Thanks! I wished I had did a color background on the divisions to mathc the knobs.
Good job! I have always been a little curious about this one.
Thanks. Go ahead, always need a bit of EQing!
I have the mini board in my queue, but man! I love the big one so much! I liked it at first, but it has grown on me more and more. Even with over a year of close to daily use, I still have to test out knob positions quite a bit; it's one of the few pedals that I use my "cheat sheets" with every time I plug a different guitar in. It's not always on, but I sure love hove it can both clean up the string separations, and add some "brown" if I give it more than unison gain.
Thanks, cheat sheets are a good idea!

Back