DEMO Duo-phase (Nautilus Lullabies)

This post contains an audio or video demo

jwyles90

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hey all! I finally finished putting this Duo-phase together and recorded a couple clips with it. As some of you may have seen, and even contributed to, I had a hell of a time getting the ticking noise from the LFOs to not be super audible, but after lots of trial and error with shielded wire, tiny buffers, and wire placement, I finally got it to a point where the ticking isn't present anymore. Once I got that squared away this thing fired up no problem and sounds really cool. This build was yet another opportunity to practice my fabric wrapping. I found this Nautilus themed fabric at a shop here in Portland a while back, and given how water-y and aquatic this phaser can sound I feel like it matches the vibe of it really well.

Duo Phase Front.png
Duo Phase Guts.png
I'm generally not much of a phaser guy, but having two phasers in one that can compliment each other is a really great way to go about it, and there are lots of awesome sounds to be had in this box once you start messing around with the toggles for syncing and all that. I've got a couple clips below of some of my favorite settings that I found. I really really love a slow, deep sweep on one side and fast, shallower sweep on the other, so that's what I've got in clip 1. Clip 2 has them both set to a semi-fast rate, but with different depth levels, and then the last clip has some fuzz on it too cause why not.

Duo-Phase Swirly
Duo-Phase noodles
Duo-Phase Fuzzy

Overall I really love how this one came out and think it's definitely worth the build if you're looking for a versatile phaser to add. That said, I probably wouldn't go for the switched jack layout again. I don't really see myself using all those different jack options, and having more input/output wiring=more opportunities for ticking to be picked up in your audio signal. Otherwise though, this was lots of fun!

Last edited:
Great looking build and those are three great tones.
Love your playing too.
Makes me want to get mine out again and give it some more love!

Great demos as usual. Your stuff always makes me want to play my guitar.
Thanks! I've found that making demos is a good reminder that playing guitar is also a fun part of the whole pedal building process 😅

I'm waiting on the little pink bag delivery man to finish one of these. The jealousy is overwhelming.
It all but cleared out my stash of 072s, so I'll have to add some to my next pink bag order as well. Stoked to see your build report on it!

Back
Top Bottom