I made a mistake buying random pcbs

knappster

im new and I just bought 3 fuzz pcbs. one being the gnat fuzz. I didnt do my research on GE transistors and I guess will just be buying random ones until i get it right. I'm seeing a lot of the dizzy tone clone when I search on here about the gnat so I maybe just try that...if I can figure out this Transistor mayhem

im new and I just bought 3 fuzz pcbs. one being the gnat fuzz. I didnt do my research on GE transistors and I guess will just be buying random ones until i get it right. I'm seeing a lot of the dizzy tone clone when I search on here about the gnat so I maybe just try that...if I can figure out this Transistor mayhem
When I built my first dizzy I ordered a bag of MP38 from a random ebay seller in Ukraine. I got it working just fine through the socket and audition method.

I built one more recently, getting a rough idea of hfe using a cheap tc1 tester. It sounds better than the first but not drastically. The dizzy elk is truly excellent. Good luck!

are you in the US? I'll pick out three trannies for you and drop them in the mail.. I don't mind sending a few out for a noob to get their feet wet...
sorry just seeing this, yes I am. I can paypal you or something. I actually just bought some random ones but if you send out those I would def use them because I def have no clue about what Im doing haha

just went through my stash and measured/ picked out some for you.. I'll drop in the mail Monday! make sure to double check orientation of the pinout before you solder in.. I ended up going with a russian tranny for Q1 and AC125 for Q2 & Q3 . All my AC125's are 110-130 HFE Have any questions hit us up.

just went through my stash and measured/ picked out some for you.. I'll drop in the mail Monday! make sure to double check orientation of the pinout before you solder in.. I ended up going with a russian tranny for Q1 and AC125 for Q2 & Q3 . All my AC125's are 110-130 HFE Have any questions hit us up.
thanks Swelchy, this will be fun to try out. thanks again. message me for shipping or any other way I can compensate. (y)

Don't bother measuring HFE for the Dizzy Tone / Tone Bender MK III. The tone is all in Q3 and you need to pick one with the correct leakage. The audition method is as good as any. Be patient and allow some time for the transistor temperature to equilibrate.

NB: The Dizzy Tone uses PNP transistors. MP38 will not work without mods because they are NPN.

Back