Random pix

Inner city breeding islands at the end of a canal. Too bad the chains or whatever that held them in place have snapped. It took a few years for the plants to really get going... <3 The one's in the rear are returning to former glory now the swans ar done breeding. They seemingly had to tear down everything on multiple island to keep their nest like they wanted it, as shown in the photo below that's a few months old.

DSC_1117.JPG

DSC_0799.JPG

Last edited:
House-Finch Hatchlings Hungry
Heads up and mighty maws opened wide, constantly, unsurprisingly the wee fledglings eagerly await their next meal from dear ol' dad.
The other clutch is also getting regular feedings. So far none have fallen or been pushed from their nests onto the foam cushions we've set below.

It'll be interesting when they do try to fly, as the nearest tree is a metre-and-a-half away.

AED7CFD2-3F0B-48F1-8FBC-F2FD1EF63933.jpeg

Phone-Photo taken through a bug-screened dirty-pane of the bay front-window and zoomed in as far as can be facilitated,
so not the greatest resolution.

1000000131.jpg

This place used to be a record store and venue for almost any band who could get at least ten people to show up. It was like that for years; the toes in the water (or baptism of fire…) for so many local bands, including what would later be called Fictionist.

This place was my first taste of non school performance. The street it was on was too valuable for a giving owner and it's changed hands many times since.

Down the street was the hoity toity / pretentious venue: invite only, some known names on tour looking for an intimate venue. Never got the invite, despite how many shows we played, how many groups we got on the smaller stage on our own initiative.

I don't regret anything—giving up on the gigging, breaking up. I just enjoy the memories from time to time now. Couldn't have said that s couple of years ago.

View attachment 78291

This place used to be a record store and venue for almost any band who could get at least ten people to show up. It was like that for years; the toes in the water (or baptism of fire…) for so many local bands, including what would later be called Fictionist.

This place was my first taste of non school performance. The street it was on was too valuable for a giving owner and it's changed hands many times since.

Down the street was the hoity toity / pretentious venue: invite only, some known names on tour looking for an intimate venue. Never got the invite, despite how many shows we played, how many groups we got on the smaller stage on our own initiative.

I don't regret anything—giving up on the gigging, breaking up. I just enjoy the memories from time to time now. Couldn't have said that s couple of years ago.
Now I want a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich...........

View attachment 78291

Gigging is great fun, but so is not loading out after 2 am and unloading it at 3.

Gigging is great fun, but so is not loading out after 2 am and unloading it at 3.
Had a gig at a hotel bar, the Mandalay bay inn. Was nice to just pickup and slam everything on the floor and flop into bed. Everyone else had to drive home, lol.... Didn't make a lot but had a great time at the beach during the day for the three day weekend.

edited: plus I had a day job programming....

Had a gig at a hotel bar, the Mandalay bay inn. Was nice to just pickup and slam everything on the floor and flop into bed. Everyone else had to drive home, lol.... Didn't make a lot but had a great time at the beach during the day for the three day weekend.

edited: plus I had a day job programming....
Oh nice!

View attachment 78340
Posting this again because the produce case at my local small town grocer was offering "ASST DIPS" today. At least they left the apostrophe off... But can we collectively stop using that abbreviation when it comes to food?
In a fun world, this would phrase would be used by a nurse as a euphemism for giving toilet assistance to a patient...

Back