Random pix

Ok, not exactly random. As I was strolling in the garden today I was amazed at how much this one plant had grown in the last few days. These are the largest leaves I have ever seen on a cannabis plant. Growing since 72 (and I can say that because the statue of limitations has expired), so that's a lot of leaves.

I know you're thinking that's a baby's hand, so the next pic has a ruler. Those are inches not centimeters....
IMG_1990.JPEG

15 INCHES from stalk to leaf tip!!!
IMG_1991.JPEG

Well that's a new meme to me, "arrow to the knee"...

FXYFR13GXBJUV6S.png
As a person that has way too often seen his own blood on jeans, that's not real blood!!!!

Ok, not exactly random. As I was strolling in the garden today I was amazed at how much this one plant had grown in the last few days. These are the largest leaves I have ever seen on a cannabis plant. Growing since 72 (and I can say that because the statue of limitations has expired), so that's a lot of leaves.

I know you're thinking that's a baby's hand, so the next pic has a ruler. Those are inches not centimeters....
View attachment 76134

View attachment 76135

HOLY %$#*!

I think I could have the Chong salad with that 1, or would that be a big green cigar wrapper.. oof!! First thing I learned to grow was cannabis because of the similarities with tomato for propagation and ma didn't want me wrecking the food plants...

I think I could have the Chong salad with that 1, or would that be a big green cigar wrapper.. oof!! First thing I learned to grow was cannabis because of the similarities with tomato for propagation and ma didn't want me wrecking the food plants...
I insisted my Dad teach me how to grow a garden when I was 5, in 1961. I've had a garden every year since. So when I found out in 1972 that weed had the same nutritional requirements as tomatoes I thought "Oh YEAH baby, this is going to be easy!" 🤟 :cool:

I insisted my Dad teach me how to grow a garden when I was 5, in 1961. I've had a garden every year since. So when I found out in 1972 that weed had the same nutritional requirements as tomatoes I thought "Oh YEAH baby, this is going to be easy!" 🤟 :cool:
and keeping the "same' plant alive continuously using the bottom stalks...

Hmm, now I’m wondering g. I have a neighbor growing tomatoes on his balcony in 5 gallon buckets.

and keeping the "same' plant alive continuously using the bottom stalks...
Here in Southern California, it's warm enough to plant in January. The boys and girls all get mini flowers around May to June, and seeds form. Then the boys get trash canned. The buds that form in late August are seed free, but all the small buds formed earlier provide enough seed to keep the garden going. So seeds, and seedless buds can be grown on the same plant.

I've tried moving outdoor to indoor during the winter and while it worked the results were poor compared to the previous year. I did have a tomato plant that lived outside for three years once, back in the early 80's. Beef steak too, BIG! As in one 5/8" thick slice had to be cut in half and fit on TWO hamburgers!!! That was one good burger. 40+ years ago and I can still remember how good.

Had this plane for 8 years. Finally cracked it on a nasty crosswind landing.
Putting the pieces back together now. You have to make it strong again, but you have to be careful not to add too much weight especially aft of the wings.
She is an extra 330 SC pylon racing RC aircraft. She has a 9 ft wingspan and is powered by a twin cylinder 2 stroke 111 CC engine. Her name is Big Purdy and she will fly again!
20240525_141124.jpg 20240603_202306.jpg 20240603_202410.jpg 20240527_173009.jpg

LOL!!!
Hilarious! She's big, but no that big!
Definitely has presence in the air.
My friend has the same plane with slightly different markings. We were both flying a little routine at a spring fly-in. Basically we both do the same maneuver or stunt at the same time sometimes breaking in different directions and meeting back around. We were going for a second time even though it was about 20 mph crosswind. About 2 minutes into the flight I saw something come off my airplane. It kind of looked like it was my side Force generator and another spectator confirmed that. Not really needed for flight but seemed like I should come in and inspect the rest of the airframe for damage. Got close to the runway and noticed I only had control of half of my elevator! So it dipped to one side and twisted when the first wheel hit the ground and broke the tail off. It's an older plane so there's no buying any parts for it you just got to know how to fix it.

View attachment 76134

View attachment 76135
That’s some mighty fine looking “rheumatism medicine” growing there!
Even with a card, that would get someone jail time in my state… after all, gov’t can’t make $$ on DIY growers!

Funny how we went from “Don’t step on the grass, Sam” to “Let me pay you for the grass, Sam”!

Hmm, now I’m wondering g. I have a neighbor growing tomatoes on his balcony in 5 gallon buckets.
Back in the day when it more prohibited, I had a friend working at a store selling hydroponic equipment. He said he would get people asking about tomato growing.

He would clarify- “Do you really want to grow tomatoes, or weed? Because there will be some differences in your shopping list.”

That’s some mighty fine looking “rheumatism medicine” growing there!
Even with a card, that would get someone jail time in my state… after all, gov’t can’t make $$ on DIY growers!

Funny how we went from “Don’t step on the grass, Sam” to “Let me pay you for the grass, Sam”!
Yeah it's legal to have six female plants here without a license. With license the law reads "as much as is required". Helps to have other people's prescriptions posted on a board next to the grow, which I do!

As a cream/salve/liniment it stops pain immediately. Will suppress bruising as well as blistering from burns. It really is a miracle. Someday medicine will use it to help people injured in car accidents, etc, instead of opiates..... but it will not be this day!

So every year since we moved into this house, come spring birds will try to build nests on our sconces either side of our front door.
Every year they've abandoned those attempts for whatever reason, but I guess just like in the human world accommodation prices have gone up.
Suitable homes must have become scarce, because this year we've got a whole charm of House Finches, I believe, helping two young couples to make the nests stick...

Hmmm what's that bit of white in the middle?

0D559554-6175-441B-B50C-E985F6736912.jpeg

Oh, mmkay, carry on then.

78EF18C7-FB33-4C85-8610-79C68F802D80.jpeg

What about the other nest?

CB1F5150-7A50-45AD-90BB-DE2368A731EA.jpeg

Well, the pics are from yesterday; Today there's a wee mother-to-be shaking her tailfeathers, so I imagine that empty nest will soon be filled.

My wife's strung a "Do Not Disturb the Birds" sign across the front porch telling visitors to call us instead of coming to the door.
Hatchlings should be here in about 2 weeks, and then another 19 days or so before the wee'ns can fly around with the rest of the charm.

I guess we'll postpone the planned whitewash of the bricks to the fall.

Came across this one in a hospital corridor a few weeks ago. A rather unsettling representation of the "Good Samaritan". I liked it better from a distance, due to how it seemed like their faces were sliced off (as if there were glass plate insertions). Zooming out on this image helps approximate this experience.
DSC_0954.JPG

Last edited:
House-Finch update

South-side Momma is always hunkered down on her two eggs;

North-side Momma is less of a home-body, so while she was out I snuck a quick peek-pic.

D2C48C48-A91D-4A69-86BF-CFECD2566322.jpeg

Not a great pic, cause I didn’t want to upset the neighbouring Southerner Momma nor encourage the Northerner to be more derelict in her duties than she already is.

So one (pic) and done, showing those Northerners are flight-of-fancy floozies… or never escaped the domination of alien Episcopal supremecy.

Back