Benefit of a TRRS output on a blend pedal

bluedmc777

What would a TRRS output provide over standard output on a single true bypass/wet/dry pedal? Simple 1 knobber for blend. Would it allow you to run stereo out. Pedal in question is the Rocktron Tru-Blend. Guts seem to show its buffered nicely with quality chips but that doesn’t answer the question lol.

Attachments

• IMG_6212.jpeg
    IMG_6212.jpeg
    689.7 KB · Views: 12
Are you saying “what if someone used TRRS”, or are you saying that the attached image contains TRRS jacks? Cause I only see TRS jacks in that photo.

According to the manual the pedal in question has a TRRS output. I thought I had more pics of the guts. I’ll try to find one showing the output jack itself.

It may be a typo in the manual but I’ve always wondered if you could use a stereo to dual mono

Do you mean the Tru-Loop? The manual says it has an RTS jack, not TRRS.

I don't see any reference to anything called Tru-Blend

Do you mean the Tru-Loop? The manual says it has an RTS jack, not TRRS.

I don't see any reference to anything called Tru-Blend
Yes sorry I meant Tru-Loop. Could’ve sworn at one point it said TRRS or maybe I saw RTS and thought stereo capabilities. What is an RTS jack is now the question. I did get another pic though. My apologies if I wasted anyone’s time.

IMG_2930.jpeg

Yes sorry I meant Tru-Loop. Could’ve sworn at one point it said TRRS or maybe I saw RTS and thought stereo capabilities. What is an RTS jack is now the question. I did get another pic though. My apologies if I wasted anyone’s time.

View attachment 81376
RTS is the same as TRS but with the tip and ring switched. Some expression pedals use that order but in this case I don't think it matters since the return jack just "merges" a stereo signal to mono.

That’s strange. Basically useless huh. I have 2 stereo pedals both with 2 in and 2 out that send different signals out each output. They’re digital of course. I wasn’t to be able to use them wet only and blend in the right amount and send each out to 2 separate amps. One of them is rotary and does the left to right can of thing. How could this be done? I have an orange detonator aby with transformer and phase switch. Would I run each output from it into a stereo parallel blender? The only stereo blender I’ve seen is the Xotic custom shop one. Maybe Im wanting to do too much.

So you want to send a left+dry to one amp and right+dry to another, and control the mix for each side independently?

So you want to send a left+dry to one amp and right+dry to another, and control the mix for each side independently?
Yes. I know it sounds over complicated but I’m a Gilmour fan lol. He’d mix rotary low in the mix a well as seperate delays set to different time in parallel so it didn’t clutter the sound

Yes, you would need a stereo blender, or just two separate blenders.

Are you sure your rotary pedal is really true stereo? Sometimes stereo pedals have 2 ins and outs but are mixed to mono and then split again?

Man you got me wondering now. I’ll have to double check that. There’s for sure a Doppolas type effect where you can mix in the intensity and it’ll rotate drum and tweeter from one amp to the other. I’m sure I’d be fine with it as a mono signal. I would like dedicated time delay for each amp but agin it isn’t a must. I probably should try replicating DGs Pulse tour by any means to be honest. It’s the craziest rig I’ve ever seen. Suppose I could be over reaching. Seriously though it mainly be the delays and possible the rotary.

IMG_3921.jpeg

Yes, you would need a stereo blender, or just two separate blenders.

Are you sure your rotary pedal is really true stereo? Sometimes stereo pedals have 2 ins and outs but are mixed to mono and then split again?
I think rotary is inherently mono input(stereo out). Even if it was true stereo(not possible with any rotary I know of) I doubt you could tell. Maybe if you had very different sounding left and right channels but that's not really stereo, or if you had a very large space between the sources.

Looking at that stage setup, the stereo sources are mixed and summed to mono into the Leslie sim, then only one side goes to the actual rotating speakers.

God that gives me a headache. His poor tech.
"I hear a buzz."

Im guessing maybe the rotating Doopolas and Leslie sim were operating in some subdivision of one another? And maybe the CE-2 as well?

Good catch! You got me on the timing for the Doppolas, Dynachord and CE2. He used a CE2 often at the very end of the chain into one amp only. Set very low in the mix. You really barely notice all this on the official Pulse mix but it’s pretty wild on some other unofficial recordings. To be honest I really can’t comprehend all of it.

He doesn’t use it on this tour but he used the Yamaha RA-200 rotating unit as well. That thing is cool. If you haven’t seen one check out Kit Rae using one on YouTube.

Stumbled upon an affordable problem to my solution. If made well, if needed I could use one for each amp and still have some change left over. I take a peak when it gets here.

IMG_6205.jpeg

Back