3 Channel Mixer

I bought one of these without really thinking it through. Are there any “in chain” uses for this?
Check out how people use the Red Panda Bit Mixer.

One popular use for something like that is so you can mix in other noisemakers to run thru your effects alongside your guitar (EHX RTG, Theremin, Tape loops, etc)

Try splitting your signal 3 ways and parallel mixing:

1) Dry
2) Heavily EQ'd Distortion
3) Modulation such as Flanger Chorus Phaser

There are all sorts of options and sounds when you start parallel mixing your signal, so I'm told, and I'm looking forward to trying a bunch.

Here's another one:

1) Super Scooped Smiley-EQ'd DRY (basically no mids, retains attack and fundamental)
2) Super Bumped FROWNY extreme distortion-fuzz (Basically ALL mids, no highs/lows)
3 SUPER-COMPressed full-range Overdriven sound (sustainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Mind, that's all from a bass-playing perspective. YMMV on guitar,

Once we have the 3-way splitter (in progress) it’ll be really easy to parallel mix different effects and correct for phase if needed. Kind of like the EHX parallel mixer or other similar gizmos.

I thought you could just take the mixer and swap the power connections so the electrons go the other way. Then it's a splitter.. right?

Yeah, nah. Don't do this.

Once we have the 3-way splitter (in progress) it’ll be really easy to parallel mix different effects and correct for phase if needed. Kind of like the EHX parallel mixer or other similar gizmos.
I haven’t tried the tri parallel mixer but did briefly own the switchblade deluxe and in theory sounds like the perfect blender. You can turn on either loop or both and even switch the order of effects. Has phase correction also. But there was something about the drivers or impedances that just didn’t mix well. It was noisy and also introduced like a 1k or so frequency into the audio. It was weird.

Finally settled on the OBNE Signal Blender. It lie noise and both loops have phase correction. I suppose it’s similar to the 3 way mixer now that I think about it it. You have clean channel, loop an and loop b.

However my favorites were the Barge Concepts VbJr with expression and the Xotic X Blender which had an eq, level and boost switch in the loop. But they were only 1 loop.

Another good loop blender that can be had cheap is the old Rocktron TruBlend. It uses 4 NE5532P. Suppose 1 for each in and out. The manual states that the return can merge stereo effect output (RTS) to mono but I’ve never tried it.

My splitter arrived, now if only I could find the mixer that went missing.

Oh, and remember folks...

"Don't cross the streams..."

1701946607641.jpeg
"... It would be bad."

"Cross the streams..."

ghostbusters-cross-the-streams.jpg

Back