4 Tap DC Converter/Isolator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

I just need to build one to verify it works.
So Robert, I could theoretically use one 12v or 18v output from my power brick and use this to daisy chain 9v isolated to four more pedals? If that's the case, it would seem like a game changer. It would add value to all those cheap isolated (not really) power supplies on Amazon.

Those expensive isolated power bricks are overkill. Most pedals don't need isolated 9v, but it's likely that at least a couple of them do. Not a great justification for spending $200 on a power supply. This seems huge to me. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Yep, that's correct. And it's not limited to 9V outputs, you can have four completely different output voltages if you want by selecting different regulators and DC/DC converters for each output.

The only thing missing from this iteration is that there's no option for negative voltage outputs.

So potentially several of these could be powered by a 5amp supply like this one? https://www.amazon.com/LeTaoXing-9V-Power-Supply-Transformer/dp/B08K2WJ31N/

Yep.

This was the cheapest DC converter I found, but its 9v to 9v iso. Anxious to see your build list.

These are the DC/DC converters I'm using for the prototype:

84mA per channel:

or

250mA per channel:

Keep in mind part of the "gimmick" of this particular project is that is can accept a wide range of input voltages in either polarity, as well as AC.

If your only concern is multiple isolated outputs and you don't care about the "universal" input voltage we can put together a better suited project that is a bit more efficient in terms of power consumption.

If your only concern is multiple isolated outputs and you don't care about the "universal" input voltage we can put together a better suited project that is a bit more efficient in terms of power consumption.
Yeah, my interest is in clean power for less than $20 per output. Something with 24v-9v input makes it adaptable with a lot of cheap commercial power supplies.

Yep.

These are the DC/DC converters I'm using for the prototype:

84mA per channel:

or

250mA per channel:

Keep in mind part of the "gimmick" of this particular project is that is can accept a wide range of input voltages in either polarity, as well as AC.

Also, with the amount of C2CE builds around here I'd bet I'm not the only person interested in a diy "Mr. Universe" type high draw >500mA 9v isolator even if it's just a single channel. As always, moar is moar when it comes to power supply needs.

Last edited:
Looking at the parts list, it calls for board mounted plugs. How will it sit in the enclosure? Do we need to put stands on the board and glue them to the top or something like that?

Back