4 Tap Isolated DC-DC Converter Issue?

sonic_explorer

I am quite confused and think I must be missing something.

I have ordered a few of the "XP POWER ITR0305S09" from both Mouser and Newark [Mouser link, Newark Link] to use in the "4 Tap DC Converter/Isolator" pcb. All of the parts I have received are labeled as ITR0305S09....but when I test them on a breadboard (and 1 of them with the actual 4-tap pcb) they are all spit out 12 Volts instead of the 9 Volts that the spec sheet and Mouser/Newark website say they should.

The circuit I am testing them is very basic and just supplies the ITR0305S09 with 5V from a 78L05 and then I measure the two output voltage pins of the ITR0305S09 with a mutlimeter.

Does there somehow need to be a sizable load on the output voltage pins of the ITR0305S09 to get the output voltage to the speced 9V instead of the 12V I am seeing?

The datasheet says "10% Minimum load required for regulation", but these are unregulated so I'm not entirely sure if that applies.

I'll double check today, but I'm pretty sure I verified the output voltage unloaded before plugging the prototype into a pedal.

Back